Remixers Near Kansas City

XPRTNovice

Hey all,

Long time listener, first time on the forum.

I'm just getting into all of this, and I know there are lots of resources available to me here on the website. I'm more of a learner by observation, though, and I was wondering if there are any remixers near Kansas City that might be willing to have me essentially watch the act of creation and ask a lot of annoying questions. I would offer free lunch or something as payment (or my skills on guitar/sax/clarinet/vocal percussion as a sample?)

A little unorthodox, I know, but I feel like I could really soak up the skills while watching a lot more than spending 3-4 hours hunting around looking for the right drum patch. My experience so far has been that I spend precious little time writing the music and a hell of a lot of time messing with my DAW.

XPRT

Sounds like what I did with halc and BENBRIGGS when I first started :P

It was super helpful in establishing my fundamentals.

If you can't find anyone, I'd recommend looking at project files that came with FLStudio and requesting project files from remixers who tend to use a lot of free plugins and samples so you can listen to the whole project AND see how it was made. I've learned a ton of techniques from doing that. It's a great surrogate for direct observation.

I'm not a posted remixer but I play around with music software sometimes! I'm in Lawrence going to KU (as is DrumUltimA but he's hella busy and we never hang out :() so if you'd want to kick it sometime you're more than welcome. My roommate has repurposed our living room into his own personal studio so there is that if nothing else.