Heaven Variant: Vote For Us On Steam Greenlight!

Strike911

Thanks OverCoat and DJMokram! Yeah, I've actually been studying those games you mentioned for the last few months to see how exactly they were accomplishing a few mechanics and aesthetics they utilize.

And at @gravitysuitCollector I think you might be right, the logo does look better without the extra lines there. You know, I added those lines there because they mimic the profile of the cockpit and right under the cockpit... but I'll consider adjusting it. It does make it more readable. Hmm... And OMG, DjMokram mention the old logo and the typeface DOES look reminiscent of the Radiant Silvergun title! I never realized it! haha.

Thanks again guys. I really appreciate the support.

And at @gravitysuitCollector I think you might be right, the logo does look better without the extra lines there. You know, I added those lines there because they mimic the profile of the cockpit and right under the cockpit... but I'll consider adjusting it. It does make it more readable. Hmm...
Keeping the logo as is would be just fine, then. As I said, I do like the logo with its angles and points. :)

This is looking amazing, and it the music really has that ideal level of nostalgia. It's hard to put a finger on it, but the soundtrack clips I've heard really nail the "topic" of the shmup in that you can hear it and just _know_ that it's from a killer shmup. Even the way Eind's voice is mixed helps reinforce the overall topic / aesthetic, it all fits together very well.

Keep up the great work! Looking forward to any future vids that get put out there.

Definitely getting a sweet early 90s vibe from this, I love it!

Thank you sir!

Even the way Eind's voice is mixed helps reinforce the overall topic / aesthetic, it all fits together very well.

:D Haha, I'm always a little concerned when I record myself. I know as a rule, the internet's pretty tough on in-game voiceovers so major thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I think the game looks great, but the art needs some work. The issue is that the background, foreground and enemies are not distinct enough from each other. If I pause this video with a lot of stuff happening on the screen, it is difficult to tell what's an enemy, what's an interactable object, what's an obstacle, and what's just decoration in the background. There needs to be more delineation somehow.

It's looking better every time Strike, I know you guys will do a bang up job of it when it's done. The ship's redesign looks great, I can see from the previous video you've chosen to go for whiter bodies for both the enemies and the player, it makes sense with all the effects going on. The main ship could do with a little colour maybe, I thought it would have more red tints to it. The 3D elements look fine to me though.

Thanks guys. Yeah, the background and foreground stuff is something I'm already working on. I have a post processing shader in the works that will alleviate much the problem to set different hues in the background and foreground, all based off of distance. It's really cool and helps not only the visibility but the overall aesthetic look. I still haven't ironed the bugs out yet (it messes with how some of our translucent explosion effects render) but its definitely en route.

And enemy color schemes are next which will also help, too. We'll have a preset color designation for weak, heavy, and commander units that will also alleviate foreground/background woes. :]

Thanks Roetaka! I saw you posted on the Youtube video itself, but I figured I'd just respond here! haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank Melbu and Roetaka. Very much appreciated. And super special thanks for telling your friends on Facebook!! :D

Greenlight is pretty cool in premise but Valve is already starting to change things up. They took away thumbs up vs. thumbs down percentages yesterday, which I was enjoying keeping an eye on. Right now, favorites and view counts are about all I have to go on, but I'm not even sure if that accounts for anything or not. haha.