OCR01384 - Ninja Gaiden "Basilisk Run"

djpretzel

The mix overall is really good, but what really stuck out to me was that super nicely sequenced guitar. It's really tastefully played, with a lot of detail in both velocities and modulation, and some well thought out slides and bends. The rest of the mix is good too, with some hard-panned pan flutes (haha) and a lot of varied percussive textures. The flow is really well paced, and production is very clean. The adding of additional guitars to build to an exciting ending is icing on this cake.

Tasty! Nom nom nom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Really unique song with a very strong flavour. would have enjoyed more emphasis on the percussion. The hand drums could have had more presence to allow the song to carry a better sense of forward motion that is carried out so well with the other instruments. Some awesome melodic and harmonic throughout this one, def good for some chilled out music when you are trying to work on something. :)

• 8 months later...

Love the latin/cuban vibe that the opening gives. THe hand percussion sounds really nice. I was a little disappointed by the tone of the upright bass as it sounds pretty fakey here and there, but when the guitar and pan flute come in, all is forgiven :)! The melody and counterpoint coming from the flute and guitar are excellent. THe panning section with the flute was an interesting choice. The trumpet, while it needed a little faster attack, sounded pretty darn good! I love when you go way down low on the guitar and hit some of those low strings that just resonate so well. I can't tell if I'd hear this in Cuba or in the Outback and I love that. The seamless integration of those two influences is so natural that they feel like they've always been together. I love the wah guitar as well. The marcato strings were a great touch. I swear, every time I think I know what's coming next, Don throws in some new element that totally out of the norm, but damn it, it works EVERY TIME! Excellent work!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01384 - Ninja Gaiden "Basilisk Run"