*NO* Silent Hill: Origins & Silent Hill 'Lisa's Tomorrow'

OceansAndrew

Contact Information

ReMixer name: myuu

email address:

userid: 47065

Download-Link:

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Silent Hill, (Silent Hill - Origins)

Name of arrangement: Lisa's Tomorrow

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Not Tomorrow 1, Lisa Dies (ingame scene, basically a long version of "Not Tomorrow 1"), Not Tomorrow 3 [from: SH Origins]

Link to the original soundtrack: (so you mean a links to listen to it?)

Not Tomorrow 1 extended (ingame version)

Not Tomorrow 3:

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:

The idea behind it was to extend the song "Not Tomorrow" by adding several other offical melodies, versions etc of this piece all together into one dramatic piano arrangement.

This version of mine was quite popular on YouTube so I'd like to share it with OCRemix.

It's my first contribution to OCRemix.

• 1 month later...

Nice main source to pick, it's super emotive. Right off I'm feeling like the intro really isn't connected to your main piece, and feels overall extraneous. I can see what you were trying for in terms of a dramatic opening, but I'd like to see it have a better tie-in to what you are playing for the rest of what's going on. After that you open into the song, and the arrangement is really close to the original for an entire run through the source. It's a common formula to start close to the source and add more touches as you go on, but I think you're staying too close here for too long, and overall the track needs more to be done sooner to break away from the cover-syndrome. Once the second time hits through there's a lot more interesting stuff going on, and I think you get a nice sound and emotion going on.

I'm a little confused that your submission letter says you wanted to incorporate "several other melodies", when the only other one you made us aware of is the other Not Tomorrow. I'm also a bit confused on your comment that you used other versions of this song. If that's the case and none of this writing is yours originally, we'd definitely have to no-go it as it's not your own interpretation of the piece, but someone elses. Regardless, as-is this needs some adjustment on the arrangement before it is viable for passing, and hopefully we can get some clarification on your comments as well.

NO (resubmit)

A random catch, but there's a sour note at 3:12-:13. It's not super noticeable, but after a few listen-throughs I'm hearing it :)

I love this source and i think the performance is beautiful, but the arrangement itself is so close to the original that I can't let this on the site in it's current form. I do agree with Deia that the intro went a little long as well. The piano sounds great, so the production aspect is fine, it's just the arrangement. Sorry. :-(

No

• 4 weeks later...
Nice main source to pick, it's super emotive. Right off I'm feeling like the intro really isn't connected to your main piece, and feels overall extraneous. I can see what you were trying for in terms of a dramatic opening, but I'd like to see it have a better tie-in to what you are playing for the rest of what's going on. After that you open into the song, and the arrangement is really close to the original for an entire run through the source. It's a common formula to start close to the source and add more touches as you go on, but I think you're staying too close here for too long, and overall the track needs more to be done sooner to break away from the cover-syndrome. Once the second time hits through there's a lot more interesting stuff going on, and I think you get a nice sound and emotion going on.

I'm a little confused that your submission letter says you wanted to incorporate "several other melodies", when the only other one you made us aware of is the other Not Tomorrow. I'm also a bit confused on your comment that you used other versions of this song. If that's the case and none of this writing is yours originally, we'd definitely have to no-go it as it's not your own interpretation of the piece, but someone elses. Regardless, as-is this needs some adjustment on the arrangement before it is viable for passing, and hopefully we can get some clarification on your comments as well.

A random catch, but there's a sour note at 3:12-:13. It's not super noticeable, but after a few listen-throughs I'm hearing it :)

Co-signed. There's not much to add other than confirming that while this is a nice piano cover, it's basically just a very straightforward adaptation of the source material to piano, with little other interpretation, expansion or personalization of the material. It's an enjoyable piano arrangement, but it's such a straightforward cover that it falls outside of what we're looking for in terms of substantive interpretive arrangement.

NO