A scratch in the diamond

SpiDoL

First off, I want to take this time to say that OCRemix is a terrific site. I get music from you guys all the time, and you prove that video game music really is a work of art.

Unfortunately, there is an incident that happened here that has scarred my love and fondness for you guys all this time. I've remained silent about it, until now, because now it's bothering me more than ever. Here it is:

Around this time, eight years ago (Yes, it was a very long time ago), an evil person barged into your forums and demanded technical specifications for both the then-new DS and PSP. Because of the foul way he demanded this, you guys toyed with him and were about to start a flamewar with him. Then one of you makes a religious reference, to which he cruelly responds:

"God sucks. Now get me those facts."

I didn't want to read anymore after that. I had prayed you people wouldn't give in to this evil person's demands, but you probably did. I never got involved in that thread, because I wasn't a member of the site at the time, but I'm a Christian. I love God, I love Jesus, and I hate atheists, especially the ones who cruelly try to impose their will on you just because they think they're right, just like the demon I've been talking about all this time.

But again, that was eight years ago. I'm pretty sure you people are much more mature and much more respectful of people like me than you were back then. The trouble is, I have a very hard time forgetting about or letting go of stuff like this, especially if I never received compensation for it. Well that's why I'm here today.

I'm not asking for you people to apologize (even though it'd be greatly appreciated). I just want you to prove to me that you're better people now and don't tolerate evil atheists on your site anymore. If you can do that, it will make me feel much better about you guys, I can get music from you guys again without having to worry, and I can finally put the past behind me, once and for all.

Is this a troll? Im sorry but starting out saying you directly hate people who may be a part of this forum, especially in the same sentence where you state your own beliefs and that hatred is directly in contention with those beliefs.... but whatever.

First off, I want to take this time to say that OCRemix is a terrific site. I get music from you guys all the time, and you prove that video game music really is a work of art.

Unfortunately, there is an incident that happened here that has scarred my love and fondness for you guys all this time. I've remained silent about it, until now, because now it's bothering me more than ever. Here it is:

Around this time, eight years ago (Yes, it was a very long time ago), an evil person barged into your forums and demanded technical specifications for both the then-new DS and PSP. Because of the foul way he demanded this, you guys toyed with him and were about to start a flamewar with him. Then one of you makes a religious reference, to which he cruelly responds:

I didn't want to read anymore after that. I had prayed you people wouldn't give in to this evil person's demands, but you probably did. I never got involved in that thread, because I wasn't a member of the site at the time, but I'm a Christian. I love God, I love Jesus, and I hate atheists, especially the ones who cruelly try to impose their will on you just because they think they're right, just like the demon I've been talking about all this time.

But again, that was eight years ago. I'm pretty sure you people are much more mature and much more respectful of people like me than you were back then. The trouble is, I have a very hard time forgetting about or letting go of stuff like this, especially if I never received compensation for it. Well that's why I'm here today.

I'm not asking for you people to apologize (even though it'd be greatly appreciated). I just want you to prove to me that you're better people now and don't tolerate evil atheists on your site anymore. If you can do that, it will make me feel much better about you guys, I can get music from you guys again without having to worry, and I can finally put the past behind me, once and for all.

Please lurk more.

And stop hating ppl whom God loves.

I'm not a troll! I'm a decent person, and this incident actually happened!

I can't believe you people! Do you seriously want me to hate this site and boycott it the rest of my life?

I'm not sure why you've held onto that so long.

Yes, this site does have its fair share of trolls, but there's a very good chance that those who said that aren't even here anymore.

And I'd recommend letting it go; holding onto a grudge because of what one person said nearly a decade ago can't be healthy.

There's also plenty of people who ignore the forums and just get the music, since what is said on the forums usually has no bearing on the music itself (except for the judge's decisions and stuff).

Trust me, there's nothing but love on these forums, even if it seems like hate sometimes.

So relax, take a deep breath, and know that much has changed since that incident.

As Mirby stated, chances are the same person who insulted you is either gone or has grown up into a more sensible being.

Also, re-read the forum rules and guidelines.

No trolling/flaming; stay on-topic and avoid personal insults and harassment

If someone does this to you, notify a moderator like DarkeSword and they can handle the situation. You shouldn't be posting insults or make any derogatory statements towards someone in return. Please note that someone disagreeing with you is not the same as someone hating or insulting you.

Also, just an FYI: all talk about religion and politics has its own category. So you don't have to worry about politics invading the main focus of the site (games and music).

EDIT: I totally thought this was going to be a Minecraft thread.

I can't believe you people! Do you seriously want me to hate this site and boycott it the rest of my life?

Yes please!

News flash: the C in OCRemix doesn't stand for Christian. Why shouldn't atheists hang out here?

I'm a Christian too, but one who has no problem being around those who disagree with my viewpoint. A lot of the good friends I have on this site are ones who aren't Christian, and guess what? My non-Christian friends haven't convinced me to give up my faith, and I haven't convinced them to convert, but we get along well, and I think we've proven to each other that not all Christians are irrational idiots and not all atheists are condescending pricks.

The only people I DO have an issue with are people who can't politely accept that others are different. You hate atheists? Good for you, now leave the site and keep your mouth shut, because you're a poor representation of the loving God you claim to follow, and the last thing Christians need is another bigot making us look bad.

Also, yes, some atheists try to impose their views on everyone else. So do some Christians. Are you really being any different, coming in with an "Athiests are WRONG" agenda?

By all means, come back if you're ready to play nice, but for now, I'm sure everyone of all beliefs would rather you take your intolerance elsewhere.

OK, because Mirby and Nonamer posted the best responses, I'm gonna listen to them and disregard everyone else who's posted in this thread thus far.

@Mirby:

You're right. I know I'm not supposed to hold onto a grudge for this long, because it only makes the pain of a bad memory such as this worse than it has to be.

I too am trying to become a better person in a lot of ways. The problem is my mind. My mind doesn't want to improve along with my conscience and always wants to keep grudges like this for all eternity. If I'm ever to be completely good, I have to overpower the demons trying to take over my mind and show them who's the real boss, but that's something I have to do myself.

So therefore, I call off all grudges against you people and this site. Again, you make great music and help video games become known as a work of art. For that, I should be grateful, and I am.

Seriously, SpiDoL, what you're asking for is for OC ReMix to be just as intolerant of other worldviews as you are. I really don't think that's gonna happen. Thankfully. I can't imagine this place being run by bigots. That would suck.

Actually, I might be wrong on this, but I think the top management of this site consists of those oh-so-awful atheists that you refuse to coexist with.

Sorry, but this place is filled with a lot of different artists and fans of different creeds and calls. And as a tolerant Christian, I wouldn't have it any other way.

SpiDoL, when a new member joins, he's asked to lurk, see how this place works and get to know the community. You may have an account from a few years back, but your postcount shows you haven't really been a part of this community and gotten to know it. There's always threads where community members jump in and make fun of stupid rants about things, be this another "unjustified" rejection or whatever. This is normal. This happens in any community. If you have a problem with that, just stay away from the community and just enjoy the music.

Stuff like "Do you seriously want me to hate this site and boycott it the rest of my life?" is just childish. "I'll hate you all forever if you don't do as I say!" Seriously now. Do we want you to hate us and boycott the site? Not really. Are we gonna change how the entire community behaves, police every member and every thread on the site, to keep this from offending anyone ever? No.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but if you don't have the personality to handle what seems to be normal community things, maybe you should just stay away from the forums and just enjoy the music. Nobody says you have to be on the forums to enjoy what we do. :)

Why shouldn't atheists and non-Christians have every much right to be on this site, SpiDoL? Yeah, the guy in the incident you're referring to may have been a bit of a jerk, but it seems a touch unfair to ask ALL non-Christians to be banned as a result... which seems about what you're talking about.

On the other hand, there IS a pretty strong Christian subset in the community, which you may not be aware of. I would direct you to here as proof. Maybe that'll make you feel more comfortable being around here.

But boycotting the site just because there's the occasional jackass or person you find offensive is a bit ridiculous. This is the internet; jackasses abound no matter where you go. Just ignore them, if they really bother you that much.

OK, because Mirby and Nonamer posted the best responses, I'm gonna listen to them and disregard everyone else who's posted in this thread thus far.

@Mirby:

You're right. I know I'm not supposed to hold onto a grudge for this long, because it only makes the pain of a bad memory such as this worse than it has to be.

I too am trying to become a better person in a lot of ways. The problem is my mind. My mind doesn't want to improve along with my conscience and always wants to keep grudges like this for all eternity. If I'm ever to be completely good, I have to overpower the demons trying to take over my mind and show them who's the real boss, but that's something I have to do myself.

So therefore, I call off all grudges against you people and this site. Again, you make great music and help video games become known as a work of art. For that, I should be grateful, and I am.

493899451_tropic_thunder_RDJ_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

WHADDAYA MEAN YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

no seriously enjoy the music

Your post is ridiculous. You're unreasonable for treating one post as representative of the collective consciousness of an entire community. One person saying "God sucks" doesn't reflect anything about OC ReMix. Some guy was dumb on the internet. It happens. OC ReMix isn't a God-hating forum. Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostic, Wiccan, whatever, all are welcome, because our community isn't about exalting or bashing religions, it's about video game music. Move on.