Hyrule Historia Coming to America!!

Mirby

• 2 weeks later...

A pal of mine who ordered this told me most of the book is SS art, with only a few pages dedicated to other games in the series - and no Link's Awakening (but 20 pages of Spirit Tracks? Yuck...).

That sort of bums me out a little bit, but something is better than nothing, I suppose.

Now we just need a Metroid art book. Filled with Prime art, please.

To be more accurate here, the book has 4 sections, one all about Skyward Sword, one about the timeline, one with random artwork from the whole franchise, and a SS prequel manga (which runs significantly shorter than the other 3 sections in terms of length). So instead of "most" of the book being Skyward Sword, I'd say it's closer to 2/5.

Still, 40% of the book dedicated to SS seems to me "advertisement for SS"

Mine came in the mail, to the wrong address, so I have to wait another week. >.>

That's what I was thinking when I was reading it.

The book doesn't have much of Link's Awakening, yes. A few pages, but not much. I've practically read the whole book already. The only part that I haven't read that I'm currently reading is all the stuff on SS. I read out of order hahaha!

The concept art is great, though it's unbalanced. There's too much of Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess is one of my favorites, but to be fair, it seems they have too much of that. I was actually hoping for more stuff from the first games, because the older it is, the cooler. There's only half of what Twilight Princess has when it comes to Ocarina of Time, which really pisses me off, because OoT is probably my favorite game.

But the chronology area is sick. It's killer. I knew about the timeline way back in the past, and I was like "ok, yeah, that's how the games connect, ok." But then there's the whole written out storyline and I read it word-for-word and was like "oh my word it all totally makes complete sense now." I suddenly understood everything. All the confusion cutscenes in Twilight Princess, all the random characters that said stuff that didn't mean anything to me, it all made sense (well... with the random characters saying stuff... there's still a lot that doesn't make sense and I know it never will).

What I've noticed is that the book is far more interesting when you don't skip anything. It may seem like "yeah, yeah I know this; moving on" but what I took notice of is that there can be 3 tiny words in a paragraph that I thought was useless. And those three words completely changed everything and I was like "WHOA really?"

Though what I can admit is that I was hoping that the introduction with Shigeru Miyamoto would actually be interesting and actually a rather awesome intro, considering the fact that he is the creator of Zelda and Mario. Nope. The whole first two pages of his introduction were a waste of time. And THAT is when it was pretty dang obvious he was advertising SS. He was like "with this 25th anniversary, we've finished SS in time and it's amazing" and dadadadada. I wanted to hear something that I never knew before. But he just said a whole bunch of random stuff that I already had heard. So that was disappointing.