*NO* Mega Man X4 'Divine Mind'

djpretzel

email sub file MMX4_Divine Mind.mp3

My Remixer Name: DJ Frost

E-mail: athron@bellsouth.net

Name of Remixed Game: Megaman X4

Name of Song: Zero's opening theme

Thoughts:

The original song really needs no remix, but it was one of my all time favorites. My original idea was to turn it into a slower classical/orchestrated piece. However, I did not have the means to do so. So I just used a style that was familiar to me. Most of you may see the infuence video game BGM has already had on my style. Still, I made it unique with the use of DX10's, a synth I believe to be very underated. You see the effects that they brought to this piece. I urge the judges to give me a full and honest opinion on this piece so that I have a better understanding of what this site is looking for in its music.

Thank you all for your time and consideration. I hope that in the future that I will be able to submit more and better music to such a kickass website. Word up!

Capcom Music Generation: Rockman X1~6 (Rockman X4) - "Opening Stage Zero"

Ah man, what are those drums that come in at :08? I definitely recognize those. Anyway, melody comes in at :08 as well played on some crystalline synths with the preset-sounding drums rather lazily affixed.

Lead thankfully changed up at 1:07 to a softer sound for some contrast, which wasn't bad. Goes back to the first section at 1:45 with another low, buzzy synth added in the back. Percussion is really boring by this point and needs to be doing more than keeping time.

The supporting synth introduced at 1:45 has a bit more prominent sound from 2:43 until the end, combining surprisingly well with the glassy synth.

The melodic arrangement was pretty straightforward here, and really could use more ideas. The repetitive percussion, again, was a weak point, resulting in a very stagnant groove after a while. You patterns need to be more varied and interesting there.

Keep at it though; this was a pretty solid sub relative to most of the other stuff we end up rejecting. If you're not already doing so, learn more on how to improve and personalize the way you're using your sounds at the ReMixing forum, and get fan feedback at the Works forum.

NO