OCR02518 - Wild Arms "I'm a Force of Nature"

djpretzel

Underrated remix and underrated remixer. Devastus is someone I first listen to in the Maverick Rising album. His Crush Crawfish remix in my opinion is one of the best tracks in the project. For some reason, I completely skipped out on listening to this track. I'm not an avid fan of Wild Arms or its soundtrack, but I've always heard good things about both. Michiko Naruke appeared in Brawl though with her awesome Brambles remix, and I now know why people love what she does.

Anyway, great track. Lots of energy. Cool soothing intro. You can't ask for more. Scratch that, Devastus' Crush Crawfish remix needs a direct post on OCR ASAP!

• 1 year later...

This is my kind of rocking metal ReMix, with a strong lead and an even more aggressive background while the drums help telegraph the kicks. Would definitely make for a perfect workout track. Loved the slow intro build with the melody making appearances over the top before this opens up like a crack of lightning. About as epic as hard rock can get. Think I'll be adding this one to my MP3 for sure.

• 1 year later...

Wow, I like the creative usage of the clean guitar mutes as a dynamic contrast with the distorted mutes. The frequency of distorted pinch squeals used, and the frequent use of toms also really make this sound nothing like other guitar music. It distinguishes you pretty well, and that's tough to do for rock/metal ReMixes. Nice work!

If it were me, I wouldn’t have brought in the rock instruments until around the 1:04. Beause that minute long intro was amazing without it. Having said that, this is an amazing metal remix. The percussion work kind of reminds me of what Yasunori Mitsuda did in the Shadow Hearts games, and the use of the guitars makes me think of what would happen if Linked Horizon (Revo) did a Wild Arms soundtrack. And wait, was this really his first remix here? What a first impression!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02518 - Wild Arms "I'm a Force of Nature"