PRC232 - We have a Winner: Combining Pumpkin Blocks (Tetris Battle Gaiden)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 232

PRCv9-24

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last round two debutants coloured PRC in a nice way. MindWanderer won by unanimous decision, but 0x25ec debuted on a nice way (but with a wooden spoon) as well.

This round's source is selected by MindWanderer:

I've wanted to try for and win a PRC for a while now, so I could evangelize about my favorite Versus puzzle game, which has a soundtrack as good as it is obscure: Tetris Battle Gaiden. There aren't many MIDIs out there for it, but Halloween's theme is a good one:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Tetris_battle_gaiden.mid

The game was only released in Japan, which is a damn shame. It's well worth hunting down if you like games like Tetris Party or Puzzle Fighter. I hope you enjoy the music, at least.

PRC232.jpg

Source: Tetris Battle Gaiden (SNES) - Halloween Theme

MIDI

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY November 26th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. The winner of last round cannot take part in the competition, but is free and encouraged to submit a bonus mix.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 2 songs are submitted.

To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to second. Leave the third box empty.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They cannot vote for themselve, but they get a free first place bonus if they vote. It does not matter for the score, but feedback is appreciated.

Last rounds winner, MindWanderer, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, November 28th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC233.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 2

Total number of votes - 3

Maximum Score - 10.

Evktalo tried, but he couldn't complete his song so he gets the last place wooden spoon with 6 points.

And the winner of PRC232 by unanimous decision is 0x25ec with 10 points.

Congratulations 0x25ec, you are the winner. You may select the source for PRC233. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before Friday

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC232