ACII - Ezio's Family (Piano and Orchestral Remix)

Pl511

Update 2!

stats.png

This sounds to be in an almost finished state. Really happy with how this all turned out. :D If you have any suggestions or criticisms, I really need them so that would be great. I'll go for a mod review tonight after I get some basic stuff from everyone else. Hope you all enjoy!

Update 1

stats.png

Version 0.3! Had a few sudden bursts of focused inspiration on new ideas for this track, and it's starting to sound like a proper piece of music. Really happy with the piano and harp parts in this one, although there's obviously still a bit of room for progress. Feedback is appreciated! :D

I recently finished a LOAD of work, so I'm going to start working on another long project. So here's this! Very basic so far, but still quite different from the original with the greater emphasis on piano and the slight switch around of chords. Not sure where I'm going to go with this, but it's sounding OK so far. ^^

stats.png

I was also thinking of possibly making this a medley or at the very least a mashup so if anyone has any songs from one of the Assassin's Creed games that sound similar to this track, that would be awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

Ezio's Family is my favorite song from the Ezio trilogy and quite possibly the series as a whole and you have a great start there. I don't know if it's quite what you are looking for but on youtube they have a bunch of videos that have Family and Venice Rooftops syncing up amazingly. Look for one that says (Perfect Sync) to get the full effect. I sincerely hope you continue this.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-started work on this, and - with this update - I've decided where I'm going with it. Thanks for the advice, Squall! I went on a viewing frenzy of more of the soundtrack and some of the covers and remixes of this track in particular and it's been quite helpful as I've put more effort into this project. I'll try and slip some Venice Rooftops references in here somewhere as I work. :D

stats.png

MOD REVIEW

Mmm, tasty, tasty orchestra. I love the deep, rich sounds you use throughout. There is a bit of a balance issue, though - rather than having things in the background and others in the foreground when appropriate, the track often has everything fighting for the front. This creates a muddy effect overall. When an instrument acts as harmony and another holds the theme, push them back and bring them out appropriately (and this applies to the piano's hands separately - left and right hand performances can be accented differently, as you deem appropriate).

The arrangement seems a tad conservative, but it does take it's liberties. I'm on the fence on it, personally, but I think it'll pass, on that front.

Production is tight. I can't say too much on that front.

In all honesty, the balancing issue is the only real killer. Bring out the tracks that are most important and (more importantly) lower the volume on the tracks that are not as important - that'll allow the listener to make more sense out of the track. Good luck with it - it's a mighty sexy track that I'd like to see posted sometime ;)