OCR02924 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 'Eclipse Apocalypse'

DragonAvenger

ReMixer name: bluestreaks

UserID: 50073

Name of game: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Name of Arrangement: Eclipse Apocalypse

Name of Original Song: Calling of the Four Giants (also called Oath to Order)

Comments:

We don't like to let things get stagnant. We tried to incorporate the concept of the archetypical monomyth through the dynamics and sections of the song, representing Link's journey. This was produced using Renoise. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for considering our song!

-------------

Edited by djpretzel

Cool source, very dark.

Now this is how to wub whilst keeping the chords recognisable. Loved that washed out piano sound. It's a bit on the short side, it also never reeeeally gets that ocarina going, but I think its nice enough. The drums are a bit on the simple side for this kind of thing, but I'm not an expert on this particular shizz, so I leave that to others to decide.

YES, but a bit short/undeveloped

This is interesting. Production is... bizzare. Its murkier and less punchy than i'm used to hearing when it comes to dubstep, but it feels very deliberate. Its got a cool stylistic sound to it, thats for sure. Variation is there, like fishy, I dig the piano. I'm also a little unsure about the length, but we've had mixes under 2 minutes pass before. I'll be interested to see what other judges have to say about this one, was a tricky one for me to make a decision on.

Still, a very cool, unique, stylised track thats well thought out. Woohee.

YES

Short and sweet. I didn't even really notice anything about the mixing the first time around because the arrangement had me so captivated. The artist has managed to successfully blend pitch dark harmonies with electronic elements. Definitely one of the more evocative submissions I've heard in a while. Tense.

YES

If you'd described this concept to me in words, I'd have been extremely skeptical about how well it could possibly work. However, you guys clearly went above and beyond the call in adapting this song to dubstep... TONS of little details keep this one fresh all the way throughout, and your use of sound effects and fills keep me enthralled as the track develops. Love those piano runs and other orchestral elements, too.

Color me impressed, guys. I honestly don't even feel like this track would benefit from a longer runtime, I think you adequately touch on a lot of ideas and reach a satisfying conclusion in 2 minutes and 20 seconds. Not a single second seems wasted.

Love it.

YES