Pokémon Mystery Dungeon EoS: Sky Peak Prairie Piano Arrangement

King Kayle

Pretty obviously mechanical-sounding, and the sound quality could be better. Some notes are muddy as well at about 1:20. Try to get a better sample, and try to play it in with a MIDI keyboard or something.

Interestingly enough i was going for a mechanical sound. There's a Youtube user called threelines3 who does the same thing. Even though their songs sound obviously processed they're still enjoyable to listen to. I don't think mechanical should be synonymous with faulty and I feel very strongly about this, mechanical is a style. Those notes are pretty muddy though .__.

Interestingly enough i was going for a mechanical sound. There's a Youtube user called threelines3 who does the same thing. Even though their songs sound obviously processed they're still enjoyable to listen to. I don't think mechanical should be synonymous with faulty and I feel very strongly about this, mechanical is a style. Those notes are pretty muddy though .__.

I don't think I've ever heard of a purposefully mechanical-sounding piano. It's not technically wrong, but the Judges would reject the mix on that for sure.

I don't think I've ever heard of a purposefully mechanical-sounding piano. It's not technically wrong, but the Judges would reject the mix on that for sure.

For dance types of music, a more mechanical piano can be alright. That's the only time I can think of.

For something that is strictly a piano arrangement though, definitely go more realistic.

For dance types of music, a more mechanical piano can be alright. That's the only time I can think of.

For something that is strictly a piano arrangement though, definitely go more realistic.

That's true, it's fine in non-solo-piano arrangements or arrangements with the piano relatively non-exposed. Still good to have some reverb to mask the mechanical sound, just to be safe.