[Paid] Cover Song (80s themed)

rdg2011

Moving on. I am looking to hire someone to do me a cover song from an old game called "Strahl". I am not looking for perfection, just something close to it. This is paid work and it's for my personal use. If you are interested then please take a look at the details in my original post. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at the address you'll see there.

--Rico

You need to offer more than $40 for something like that. An immense amount of work goes into making music and $40 is simply not enough to compensate that much time and effort if you want true quality work.

You get what you pay for. Always.

This. Depending on how fast the person is, you're probably offering them $4.00 an hour. Best of luck with the project.

As far as legal issues go, that could be simply solved by putting in writing that the buyer accepts all legal responsibility for the song. Not really a problem.

That said, $40 really is a tiny amount. I'd charge $150 for that amount of work, m'self, and that works out to approximately $90/minute of music, which is (from what I hear) quite reasonable. Not everyone will ask that amount, but you do get what you pay for.

$40 lol........

No reason to be rude. Especially not to a potential client. The reason $40 is too low is the circumstance of it being strictly for personal use. If it's $40 for a small game project that'll get some kind of decent public release, the it's worth it since you're getting exposure and potential new clients because of it. When it's something that's stated as personal use, the only compensation you get is the initial payment, so in that scenario you really need a fair amount.

Ok, to try and clear this up, rdg2011, I apologise if you feel you are being ganged up on. No one has the intention of trying to make fun of your original offer, but I believe what people are trying to say is that even by amateur rate standards, $40 is a low amount to charge, which is a fair comment to make. For everyone else - please try not to be offensive in your posts. If rdg2011 doesn't want to change the amount, thats his call. If anyone doesn't agree with the amount specified in the original post, please refrain from posting from this point on, its not necessary.

This is a recruiting ad and it is still running. If anyone wishes to talk about other topics then take it outside to the appropriate forum. Please read the Recruiting Forum Guidelines for more information. As for my job offer this is what I have to say:

Ok, to try and clear this up, rdg2011, I apologise if you feel you are being ganged up on. No one has the intention of trying to make fun of your original offer, but I believe what people are trying to say is that even by amateur rate standards, $40 is a low amount to charge, which is a fair comment to make. For everyone else - please try not to be offensive in your posts. If rdg2011 doesn't want to change the amount, thats his call. If anyone doesn't agree with the amount specified in the original post, please refrain from posting from this point on, its not necessary.

I wish people would have asked me, because I would have answered: "Sure, how much do you charge?". I am not a company but I am open to negotiating compensation if anyone asks. It has to be done privately though. That's why I left my email. Something I do want to clarify is that I am serious about this. I am taking as much a risk as the person doing the work. It goes both ways.

Actually I was hoping for a more positive response. I thought this community would be more welcoming and respectful. You people represent OCRemix. I'd like to think there's good people here.

Anyway if anyone is interested in this ad then take a look at my original post for more details. (Click here to read)

Cleaned up this thread a bit, removing most of the rude stuff. The first post clearly states that this is a song is for non-profit, non-commercial use. Negotiation over rates is obviously part of any work-for-hire arrangement as well, so there's no reason to come down hard on someone making an offer to pay for a request. People don't complain about fulfilling requests for free in the requests forum.

If you're interested in helping Rico out and making some spending money, shoot him an email or express your interest here. If you're going to rant about the nature of for hire work, there are blogging sites for that kind of thing.