Hey Guys, I Made a Movie

LuckyXIII

Ten years ago, a year after college graduation, I went for broke and made a feature-length film. It's called Death By Ninja and is a parody/homage to anime and action flicks and video games and the like. My dream is to produce features for a living.

It has a 55 minute runtime and one review, so far:

Impressive. Your production values are terrible, but it looks like you and your team embraced it instead of avoiding it, thus making it your greatest strength (and greatest source of entertainment).

I promise that is a compliment. Swear. - M.Wiseman

So, here's the YouTube link if you're interested:

Ha - thanks.

It was just made in '03 and I made copies on VHS for the cast, but I didn't have the wherewithal to get it online anywhere at the time, nor on DVD.

Some of the cast have expressed interest in a sequel, but seeing as most of us have been cast to the four winds, that'd be all but impossible. However, we may try a Flash series or something...

Ha - thanks.

It was just made in '03 and I made copies on VHS for the cast, but I didn't have the wherewithal to get it online anywhere at the time, nor on DVD.

Some of the cast have expressed interest in a sequel, but seeing as most of us have been cast to the four winds, that'd be all but impossible. However, we may try a Flash series or something...

Dude that'd be awesome. :P

@Gollgagh - crazy! I visited there over Christmas break - it was cool seeing how some things have changed and some haven't. Mendenhall is a LOT nicer now... Freshman year I was in Scott Hall then my last three were in Slay/Umstead - I was an RA in Umstead. Do you know when the Sonic Plaza stopped being sonic?

@Level99 - thanks, man! Glad you liked it!

Thread bump with link to first review:

http://flowersflix.com/?p=4514

Excerpt:

Every once in a while a movie comes along that completely redefines a genre. Death by Ninja is such a movie.

It was Scott Pilgrim vs. The World before… well… Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. It exhibits a knowing nostalgia for all things video game related, but there are also nods to Indiana Jones and a myriad of other franchises that helped spawn the term “fanboy.”

End Excerpt

Take a look - tell me what you think - what could be done better, what's good enough, what should never be done again?