*NO* F-Zero 'Don't Stop till Port Town'

djpretzel

email sub file SilkWorm - don`t stop till Port Town.mp3

Hello DJPretzel,

I send you my first remix, its a interpretation of the Port Town Track in F-Zero.

Sorry for my bad english, iam from germany.

I hope it will fit your standarts.

Here are the infos:

Real Name of the Remixer: Patrick Tonski

Name of the Remixer: SilkWorm

email : silkworm1@web.de

Name of the track: Don`t stop till Port Town

Album: The F-Zero Files

the track contains the ID3 tag.

Infos about the track:

I thought a track from F-Zero would be nice to take hands on for my first remix try. I think all songs from F-Zero rocks, but here is a remix of the Port town theme.

I gave the theme a violin touch, so that it sounds sad. Then i put some Drum and bass style drums on it and in the end, there is a nice little piano loop in the background. The sound quality isnt that good, but i like it. Just check it out.

-end-

I hope it s all good.

Peace

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/fzero.rsn - "Port Town" (fz-07.spc)

I liked the strings and felt they achieved the sad feel you were going for, but otherwise felt the arrangement creativity was lacking. That was particularly underscored by its repetitiveness, with no original or heavily rearranged sections to speak of.

Yeah, you weren't kidding about the sound quality; sounds pretty dull. Arrangement isn't bad at all, but isn't really much to speak in terms of standing out from the original. It's basically the original with some dnB drums. You gotta be more, but not bad at all for a first try.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds muffly. The violins don't work the way you're trying to use them; they come off sounding too thick and resonant. Plus they have a weak attack so it sounds like "....uuUHHH....uuUHHH....uuUHHH....uuUHHH."

Not so nice.

Yeah, it's pretty much the original with drumbeats and some new sounds.

Work on arrangement and production.

NO

there needs to be some thought put into creatively re-arranging the source material. slapping a new drum beat over a cover is not going to do it.

and having the same basic drum beat for the duration of the mix makes this very uninteresting to listen to.

not the worst submission we've ever gotten, but this is nowhere near the bar.

NO