Gusty Garden Galaxy for Accordion (from Super Mario Galaxy)

Vuescapes

Hi everybody,

first, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this in or not, since this technically not really about a remix but about an arrangement. If this thread fits elsewhere, I'd kindly ask the mods to move it to the right forum. Thanks :)

Since I'm new here, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Daniel, I am a 26 years old guy from Germany and I study publishing in Munich. Music is my secondary subject and a big hobby of mine. I've been playing the accordion for 20 years and I began playing piano about three years ago through self-study. I play in an accordion orchestra (yes, such things do exist in Germany :wink:) and for our last concert I did an arrangement of "Gusty Garden Galaxy" from "Super Mario Galaxy".

gusty_garden_partitur.jpg

I did it partially by ear and partially by analysing the chord structure. It was my first arrangemet ever and there's certainly room for improvement (I know I didn't get a couple of chords completely right), but nonetheless I am happy how it turned out in the end. Funny enough, OCremix befriended me on YouTube a while ago, probably after having seen the video :wink:

Anyways, here is the video of our live performance of Gusty Garden. There are some mistakes in there, too, but Gusty Garden isn't that easy to play, actually :oops:. I am the blonde guy at the keys in the background (I switch between the accordion and the keyboard depending on the songs' arrangements), close-up at 2:10.

I'd be happy to know what you guys think of it :smile:.

All the best

Daniel

Edited by Vuescapes

fits excellently on accordion! I'm so glad to see another ensemble player on this site as well!

I'm glad you got such a good recording of this, it has a great shape and form. This version is very classy and energetic.

You wouldn't happen to be a fan of tango would you? I don't know your time constraints but I have been playing a TON of video game music as tangos lately and I would loooooooooooooooooooove to record some with an accordion player, and you are very good.

Thanks so much, guys :) It makes me really happy that you like the arrangement. Coming from so many talented people whose mixes I've adored at OCremix for several years, this really means something to me.

@ Dan

Of course I love tango, why wouldn't I as an accordionist :grin:? I am listening to your Wind Waker Tango right now, will post something later when I finished listening. The thing is I don't own any proper recording equipment (except for normal things like my smartphone :???:). If you need an accordion for a song, maybe I could rent a mic or recording device somewhere.

We also performed a Tango-Medley which I just uploaded. It's compromised of "La Cumparsita", "Hernando's Hideaway" and "Love smiles". You can watch it at

@ all

I don't know if you're interested, but I did a second arrangement after I finished Gusty Garden. It's not vgm-related, however. I took Jeff Wayne's "Eve of the war" from his musical version of "War of the worlds" and transcribed it. You can watch it here: