Plants VS Zombies 2

Soul Splint

Boomerang plant, ice cabbage, pea pod and fighter onion, eh? I'm already looking forward reading their descriptions. Sucks about being exclusive to Apple though, but being free certainly sounds nice too.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. With how big steam has gotten and is still getting, its only a matter of time till its ported to PC. Everyone kept saying that the creator of Terraria would never come back to add content, and he actually recently did. I'm not saying hold your breath about it, but its just as probable if not more so than it being improbable.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. With how big steam has gotten and is still getting, its only a matter of time till its ported to PC. Everyone kept saying that the creator of Terraria would never come back to add content, and he actually recently did. I'm not saying hold your breath about it, but its just as probable if not more so than it being improbable.

If/when it does get ported to PC, it will likely be on Origin, not Steam. It will likely be ported to Android eventually, and to be fair, so was the original. (Android still doesn't have Zen Garden, and probably won't ever).

Free-to-play definitely sounds like it will be incredibly ad supported and full of strange Nissan/Dove/EA/Dunkin Donuts product placement. Hopefully that is not the case. Also hopefully Laura Shigihara does that soundtrack again, and hopefully it's available for purchase at a reasonable price.

Everyone kept saying that the creator of Terraria would never come back to add content, and he actually recently did.

That reminds me, the guy who created PvZ was let go from the company. Sucks.

This article talks briefly about monetization via in-game boosts, which bothers me as potentially affecting the difficulty. Games should not be balanced around how much money you can hurl into the publisher's gullet.

When the original PvZ got huge, it seemed like Popcap was set to bridge the gap between casual and hardcore players. Seeing them gobbled up and turned into another EA slave studio has been really sad.

I read that the Apple exclusive was just a timed exclusive. The developers said they plan for the game to reach even larger audiences than the original, and given the original was on like every platform then it'll have to come to pc and android eventually. Hopefully it's not too long. I don't care much for the free to play part... I'll gladly pay a few bucks to remove ads and unlock all the content. The $15 I paid for the original on pc when it first came out was well worth my money. This one looks like it's going to be great too!

I started playing Plants versus Zombies Adventures yesterday to get an idea of what to expect.

That game has you moving around pretty frequently via Crazy Dave's RV and then defending that RV from zombies in any given area. The areas are in 3D, not 2D, and the zombies travel down preset "paths" from individual spawn points around the zone. You set up plants along those paths and they can fire in a 3 dimensional area around them. Basically: A LOT like traditional tower defense. The music is definitely "plants versus zombies-esque" but not quite as charming, and I expect that it wasn't composed by Laura.

From the trailer, I can expect that at least some of these features (3D, traditional tower defense mechanics, defending the RV) will carry over into PvZ2.

That said: The facebook game isn't bad, but then again I didn't play it long enough to run into a paywall.