*NO* Mega Man X3 'Gravity Beetle 2006'

djpretzel

I have a new remix here... Long time no see btw.

I am Dj MetaZero on OCremix.

My real name is Kenneth Haug.

And, yeah... I have made a new remix of Gravity Beetle, from the game MegaMan X3.

In HardDance/NRG style this time. This song have been played alot around on clubs here as well. Enjoy.

LINK:

Alternative LINK:

PS: Can you guys do me a favor? Delete my old songs... Please. They're old and I couldnt make real music that time... Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trangt om plassen? Med MSN Hotmail får du 250MB gratis lagringsplass Skaff deg en konto i dag

http://snesmusic.org/spcsets/mmx3.rsn - "Gravity Beetle (mmx3-08.spc)

Got this played at some clubs, eh? Good for you; I hope it was well received at least. OMG HUGE NRG NIGGA intro at :12. Crowd yelling in the background was a short loop, sounding really cheap, but most people won't notice so it wasn't a big deal.

Melody finally came in at 1:03, not sounding too hot, but then OMG I'M MELTING NRG NIGGA at 1:11. Hahahaha, nice fakeout. Stuff really started at 1:17. Really wish there was more going on for the genre than simply applying these hard beats to the rest of the music. Wish there was more substance to the genre approach. Nonetheless, good effects on the electric guitar synth playing the melody to let it sound thick. Too bad it's getting buried by all these beats; at least punch it up a little more.

Some original writing on top of the source's rhythm section at 2:07. Then some purely original stuff at 2:20. Again though with that piped in crowd noise loop; sounds like "gust of wind" SFX being used over and over.

Another iteration of the melody at 3:07. Still sounds pretty good, but it's not much different from the ideas you had before. Can we get some actual melodic interpretation here though? Source's rhythm section was used on its own at 3:56 until the end. Ah man, the track cut out at 4:58 right in the middle of the fadeout, leaving 7 seconds of silence. Needs a fix there.

This is some fairly well put together hard dance, but lacks substance in the treatment of the melody. Right now, it's a good adaptation to hard trance, but not a showcase of reworking or adding to the melodic content. Vary up the beats on occasion, and perhaps find a better "crowd cheering" sample as well.

Anyway, you have some good sounding conservative stuff don't just cover the melody wholesale without more interpretation. Good work so far, Ken. IMO, it's all about the rearrangement component now. If this doesn't make it, especially by a unanimous vote, don't see simply as a rejection of your style/genre as it's not.

NO (rework/resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, glad to see a DJ MetaZero mix that isn't drowning in reverb. xD

Pretty good production, but I'm gonna have to agree with Larry that the arrangement is pretty conservative. Could use some crazier interpretation.

Also, some heavier harmonic support. I really wish the melody was louder too; it gets drowned out by the beats. It never really hits hard.

Still, I loves me some good Megaman dance. REWORK/RESUB plz

NO for now