PRC247 - Results - Above the Underworld (Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 247

PRCv10-13

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

We are almost halfway in the 10th PRC season. Last round OneUp claimed the victory by default. V___ entered as well, but he was only allowed to submit a bonus mix.

I chose the overworld music from the DS game Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks. A great track for cruising in your locomotive.

PRC247.jpg

Source: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) - Overworld

MIDI (Backup)

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY June 24th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC248.
  7. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a Bonus Mix, but he/she can't win this round.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

The song length is 3:35, but after 2:10 the song is done already, having an empty part during 1:25 to the end. Is your song 2:10 long or did something went wrong with uploading?

Shit, that's my fault. For some reason the song rendered with dead air after it and I forgot to trim the track before uploading. I'll delete my entry and make adjustments :)

*Edit* 'tis done!

Edited by Trism

Good to see last minute entries.

EDIT: For some reason voting already has started. Since everyone managed to get their songs in on time, there's no need to still extend (if not, just post in this thread and you still get the extention).

Edited by Bundeslang

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 5 songs. To vote, do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a free first place bonus if they vote, so it is attractive to vote. Non participants are also encouraged to vote and leave comments.

Last round winner, OneUp, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until THIS Wednesday, June 26th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote (which is exactly 2 days from now), check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC248.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 5

Total number of votes - 7

Maximum Score - 21.

Xsquader and DrumJ8 tied and both get the the last place wooden spoon with 6 points.

Evktalo received 12 points and gets the third place

Trism collected 15 points, but it is only enough for the second place

And Esperado is the winner of PRC247 with 18 points.

Congratulations Esperado you are the winner. You may select the source for the next round. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 28th of June 2013.

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC247

If I had more time to master instead of seeing "deadline in 45 minutes" during mastering I probably would have remedied the majority of what Esparado's qualms were. My fault for waiting until the last minute lol. Anyways I will definitely try to spend more time to make a better (and actually finished) product next time ;)

Congrats Esperado! I dug your track. Pick a good one! (:

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. Lots of good points! I've already worked on my track a bit more, and plan to work it to OCR submission eventually.. which will take me 2+ years, but it's on the way! (:

I'll also say here, since I didn't write a track description, that I used Impact Soundworks' free Cinematic Synthetic Drums and Timaeus' free Just Plain Glitched sample pack.

--Eino

blargh I didn't give feedback this time because I didn't feel confident enough to articulate, but I realize it's not fair to receive feedback without trying to give some. I'll try to improve for next time :/. nice work everyone

thanks guys!

dony worry drumj8, as you get more experience you just notice things that could maybe use improvement. I feel guilty giving advice sometimes too, because i feel like i made the same mistakes as the ones im pointing out, or i just cant think of anything.

thanks for those links evktalo, i didnt know timaeus had a sample pack!

aaaand i hope to see xsquader in the next few rounds! stick around, its fun!

ill get you guys a worthy track soon! i wont forget this time.