*NO* Mega Man 3 'Spinning Around'

djpretzel

This is my first OC ReMix, so please pardon any confusion. I hope this goes well.

Contact Info:

Artist Name - Nord

E-mail - 3@livingstonian.com

Website - www.livingstonian.com/~sean

ReMix Info:

Name - Spinning About

Other: This is a ReMix of Top Man's stage. I was sad there wasn't a 'good' remix of this on the site, so I made one I like better. Not to say the remix already on the site isn't bad, I just don't like lyrics that much (love the guitar in fact). Anyways this is my first submission. The longer I put off submitting the more it will tear me apart to make this song better so I'm just submitting it and saying what the heck! Thanks!

REMIX DOWNLOAD:

-Nord

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/megaman3.zip - "Top Man Stage" (Track 6)

I liked the intro here; decent feel there, even though the writing was a bit odd. Plain drums entered at :17, and I wasn't liking where it was potentially going, but oh well. Melody entered in at :25, joined by the bleh drums at :31. The cymbal writing was fine, it's mostly that snare pattern that dragged it down.

Anyway, not much there besides a plain-jane cover of the melody by some synths + the drums. The texture was really empty. Picked up more at 1:19 with some synth soloing. Then another iteration of the melody at 1:33 with some more ideas added for support, followed by more oddly-written original material working in tandem with the Top Man theme starting at 1:55.

One last iteration of the melody at 2:29 with some different sounds; still pretty empty and conservative, but again with some new ideas with the writing on the supporting instrumentation.

It's all rather beginner-ish and uncohesive, but at least you have somewhat of the right idea on the approach to arrangement. Get more interpretive on the actual melodic material (not just the support work), vary up your percussion more, and work on creating more complex textures. Stop by the ReMixing forum to get started on that.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

there are some good moments here, but this needs a lot of work.

poor synth design is one of the most apparent problems. hit up the remixing forums or do some research on the net so you can increase your ability in this area. it's needed.

there's some thought put into the drums, but the production leaves them sounding really flat and uninteresting.

the arrangement shifts between interesting and plodding, plus there are a few awkward moments (like when it's just the bass and one synth).

there's potential here. you have the mind for this racket, but as of now your skill is painfully unrefined.

keep composing and keep learning.

NO