OCR02699 - Final Fantasy VI "The Impresario"

• 5 months later...

Leave it to Jake Kaufman to compose one of the most epic things on OC Remix in ages. There is a layer of irony I'm sure wasn't intended. :wink: But I'm glad old rivalries and grudges have been tossed aside. The result was well worth it.:nicework:

Edited by Moogle!

• 2 months later...

I am a big fan of queen and a big fan of various Final Fantasy games... Although the queen reference is VERY obvious. This is one of the best "Queen" songs I've ever heard. I consider it as sequel to the original song and what Queens interpretration of what happened after the opera scene... I feel this is the Opera Scene act 2 I would love to hear another song like it either from another series or from another final fantasy game.

This is excellent. I wish I could arrange like that, play like that, sing like that. This is one of the best pieces of music of any kind I have heard recently. The rendition of Aria de Mezzo Carattere is absolutely magical--"I'm the darkness, you're the starlight" will forever be its lyrics for me.

Send this to anyone who says they don't like OC ReMixes that have vocals.

• 1 year later...

Holy moly,

Gotta say, I listened to this a few times in the past couple of years. I guess beforehand, I never really just understood why it garnered so much attention but now, I come back to it after 5 times listening to it nonstop and I can really appreciate the scope of this masterpiece. This is a remix that will - forever - stand the test of time. As I go back and listen to the oldest remixes on the site, I have a feeling this will be like that for the next generation of ReMixers. Even idle listeners and those who spend their time in the community lurking in the shadows, will eventually end up at this amazingly imaginative piece and come to the realization just as I have: Video game music is the future's version of classical music.

With this remix brought into the light, that understanding will become so clear, it'll be like looking through a wine glass.

...and with that, all words expended: I'm speechless.

• 5 years later...

Eight years since its debut, and no comments in the last five years... I thought I had commented here back when but I'm not seeing it, so better late than never.

I was in Myrtle Beach for a week-long job when Balance and Ruin was released. I burned it all to CD to listen to on the four hour drive home. I was loving every second of the album, and then The Impresario hit. I think my mouth was agape through the entire track as I was completely enraptured. After the final note sounded, I reached for the power button on the radio and turned it off. I sat in silence. I could not process what I had just heard. For five miles I mindlessly drove while my brain and my heart tried to reconnect.

It's one of those moments I'll always remember. 

With each listen, I am transported back to that first time. It's an incredible track that perfectly captures both the spirit of the FFVI original soundtrack and especially the spirit of this site.

Long live The Impresario.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02699 - Final Fantasy VI "The Impresario"