Sonic R remix album (WIPS due 5-31-14)

wildfire

I vaguely remember saying I would join this project when it was first mentioned on FB, but I don't recall being contacted about it later when the project began. Anyway I would like to join this project if there are still slots left.

The only remixing slot left is for Super Sonic Racing, but there are a few performer slots left. Sorry I forgot about you volunteering, but if it helps I didn't actually contact anyone about this project when I posted it... :???:

• 1 month later...

Looks like Stevo's interested in getting in on this album. Anyone who's interested in him as a vocalist/performer on their track should contact him. If no one volunteers, I'll work him into my own remix. I don't want overlaps of remixers or performers on this album, so I'd prefer that person can't be on two tracks in the same role.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working through some computer issues, and I have not started anything yet for my track. If you have a WIP ready by the due date, AWESOME! Otherwise, send me a PM outlining your ideas for the song, and if possible send me a link to a song that sounds similar to what you have in mind.

I can't wait see this idea fleshed out more!

Figured i'd better drop a quick note in to this to say "i'm still here" :D ...i'll admit, for a brief second i did forget but then Tuberz kindly smacked me upside the face and reminded me. We are definitely doing our track. Also, we got Halc on board with us now too so update that info accordingly when you can, Wildfiyaaaah!!

Oh, also. I'm still all about helping you get the art sorted out for this. Just let me know when you need to start organising that and we'll talk in more detail! :)

-edit- Also, should probably put Tuberz and Halc down as the remixers and they're the ones putting the production in to this, i'm just the rapping man! :D

Amphibious, do you have a vocalist lined up for your track? Otherwise the roster is complete!

I really do want this album to only have the 7 songs listed, so if anyone else wants to be included on this project they need to contact one of the remixers and ask about collabing.

Xarnax wants to do it and I want Xarnax to do it so that would be cool. BrothaDom said he would be able to do some hip hop stuff too, so I was thinking maybe having a rap verse or something in it as well? That'd be pretty cool I think, so I may get both of them on board if that's cool with them!

Xarnax wants to do it and I want Xarnax to do it so that would be cool. BrothaDom said he would be able to do some hip hop stuff too, so I was thinking maybe having a rap verse or something in it as well? That'd be pretty cool I think, so I may get both of them on board if that's cool with them!

Hey I'm totally on board for whatever you'd like. I can go as big as a full, original verse, to a hip-hop rendition of the source lyrics, to just small backup vocals, or even nothing at all - which ever works best for you and your mix :razz:

• 2 weeks later...
My entire life I pictured the vocalist for Sonic R's soundtrack as a sassy black woman. I just found out what she looks like and now I wonder how many other vastly incorrect assumptions I've made. :tomatoface:
Oh, TJ Davis? Haha, wow yeah. You were way off with that one! She was a pretty big guest vocalist for bands like Blur and D:Ream here in the UK during the 90's.

But you're not the only one who's had a recent eye-opener like that. I only just found out a few weeks ago that rapper Marky Mark from 'Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch' is actually actor Mark Wahlberg from the 1990's.

And considering my entire existence is drenched in 90's hiphop culture, i'm shocked at myself for not noticing that sooner! D:

But yeah, just to slide this post back on topic. I wrote some really nice lyrics to the track i'm on and i'm very pleased with myself. Tuberz and Halc are being awesome to work with! Very accommodating! :)

But yeah, just to slide this post back on topic. I wrote some really nice lyrics to the track i'm on and i'm very pleased with myself. Tuberz and Halc are being awesome to work with! Very accommodating! :)

Sounds awesome! Can you send me the lyrics? I just want to make sure everything stays on topic and fits with the original lyrics. :-D

Sounds awesome! Can you send me the lyrics? I just want to make sure everything stays on topic and fits with the original lyrics. :-D
Just sent you a PM about the lyrics, though for some weird reason when i checked the message after it sent it's line-broken all the individual bars in to their own paragraphs ...which is annoying and it looks weird. But yes, for the most part, i have sent you the lyrics i've been working on.

Got the flow of them all nicely rehearsed and everything.