USB Microphones

I think the general concensus is that usb mics are for best used for voiceovers or podcasting since they seem to have more latency than using a dedicated audio interface. If im not mistaken, the A/D converter is built into USB mics and isnt as good/fast as a dedicated A/D converter in even a cheap interface. There are usb mics that have headphone jacks in them however, which helps with the latency issue.

I've used a Samson CO1U usb condenser mic for a few years now and have been very pleased with it. I got it at the time due to budget issues (cheaper than buying a decent xlr mic + preamp). I've gotten good results with both vocals and saxophone recording. I have a mixer now with decicated preamps, so if I was to buy a mic today, I'd probably go with a traditional xlr one due to the aforementioned latency issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks guys!

Still, can someone tell something about freq respond? How much close outcome signal to income?

That would depend on the particular mic. There isn't anything inherent to a mic being USB versus XLR that would affect the frequency response. USB isn't an audio protocol, so the mic could send whatever it wants over USB; how good or bad that signal is depends on how the mic is built, not how it connects to your computer.