*NO* Metroid Prime 2 'Quad God'

djpretzel

Email sub file Quad God.mp3

Remix Name: Metroidesque

Email: gretchinisready@yahoo.com

Remix Info

Game Remixed: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Song Remixed: Quadraxis Theme

Commentary: Probably my best work. ...which isn't saying much, I guess. But, please, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relax. Yahoo! Mail virus scanning helps detect nasty viruses!

Terrible sounds you've picked here. This sounds like an old MIDI file with some signal processing on some of the channels.

This arrangement is really boring too. It goes on for 7 minutes? Why? There certainly isn't enough material to make the whole thing interesting to listen to.

This sounds like a downgraded version of the original piece. The style and mood is the same, but your sounds and production aren't as tight. There are some creative parts with the higher tempo sections, but they're just not enough. When the original version sounds better than the remix, then what's the point?

You need better sounds and you need to try to stop emulating the original.

NO

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes OST - 52 "VS Quadraxis (Long)"

Gotta agree with DS for the most part. There was at least some effort put into adding more energy and meat to the source, but the overall structure and feel was too similar to the original. Not really enough to distinguish itself from the original besides some added beats & claps and louder vox. You need to really try and rearrange the theme, not just build on it in an additive manner. Most people simply can't pull that approach off and make it stand apart as a unique work.

Plus, as was mentioned, the sample quality is pretty weak. The claps and beats are very generic, the vox is robotic, and much of the rest does sound like GM + effects to flesh it out more. Making the arrangement longer than an already-long original that doesn't have much in the way of substance in the first place also wasn't to your advantage.

No reason you should be encoding anything this long at 112kbps CBR. Go for a VBR encoding to maximize the sound quality.

Keep at it, bro, but apply much more creativity to your approach, explore obtaining better sounds for free via the ReMixing forum's resources, and consult the Works forum for feedback on future work.

NO

DS is right on, this does sound like a downgrade of the original.

my advice would be to try and approach the source material from a different angle, especially when it's from a newer game and your sample set sucks in comparison to what the original composer was working with.

LT and Shariq have allready covered my other gripes with this, so I'll just leave it at that.