How obscure is too obscure?

jane

In terms of gamez, I live centuries in the past. I don't really like much new stuff because I guess JRPGs and point 'n clicks (though I loved Gemini Rue!) aren't happening a lot anymore and that is SAD to me.

So how obscure is too obscure? I want to do some of the music from Noctropolis. This game was so terrible but I loved it to pieces. It's always the vibe.

Do you mean in terms of how well the music will be recieved? because if so, i think its just a crapshoot with alot of variables involved.

BUT, in favor of it anyways, if you remix a soundtrack for something thats not done before, 1. thats super cool because its unexplored musical territory and 2. guaranteed, someday, somewhere, youll make at least ONE persons day because you remixed a song from a game they loved.

DO IT.

What I can say on the subject is if you love a game to death, go and give it a shot.

When I first joined OCR, one of the first things I did was asked for a Crash Bandicoot remix in the requests area - must've been around 10 years ago. The thread never got picked up. So instead I dabbled into Crash when starting out on remixes. I made a few in my time, but eventually lost confidence thinking people won't like them because of the source material.

But you know what finally encouraged me to try shooting Crash to OCR again? THIS MIXPOST BLURB. And in time I got to realise that what we send to OCR these days aren't dependant on what the listener wants, but more on the point of it recognising OCR's mission, whether the source material is popular or not. It also taught me a few things in regards to being happier remixing source material that absolutely resonates with me.

Long story short, we don't care whether the game is good or bad, popular or known by few, old or new; if you tackle the source with OCR standards in mind above all else, then you've got a shot at making OCR history. Remember that mixpost blurb! :)

What I can say on the subject is if you love a game to death, go and give it a shot.

When I first joined OCR, one of the first things I did was asked for a Crash Bandicoot remix in the requests area - must've been around 10 years ago. The thread never got picked up. So instead I dabbled into Crash when starting out on remixes. I made a few in my time, but eventually lost confidence thinking people won't like them because of the source material.

But you know what finally encouraged me to try shooting Crash to OCR again? THIS MIXPOST BLURB. And in time I got to realise that what we send to OCR these days aren't dependant on what the listener wants, but more on the point of it recognising OCR's mission, whether the source material is popular or not. It also taught me a few things in regards to being happier remixing source material that absolutely resonates with me.

Long story short, we don't care whether the game is good or bad, popular or known by few, old or new; if you tackle the source with OCR standards in mind above all else, then you've got a shot at making OCR history. Remember that mixpost blurb! :)

Rexy, WHY did you have to post that Mixpost link NOW, when I am in the middle of playing Chrono Cross for the first time ever.