OCR02812 - Castlevania (N64) "Clockwork Groove"

Liontamer

I'm getting a chinese vibe here, kinda similar to Pokemon Black/White's Driftveil City. Just goes to show you how musically experienced Eino seems to be, even with tracker sounds!

That's a cool reference, I think I can hear the Chinese feel there now that you mention it, but it never occurred to me before. But for the "tracker sounds" comment, you may be thinking of my Deus Ex UNATCO track where I wanted to make a polished track on old school low fidelity samples (via a Mazedude module). Trackers themselves can load up any sound (and use VSTis and whatnot) so trackers don't equate low fidelity.

--Eino

That's a cool reference, I think I can hear the Chinese feel there now that you mention it, but it never occurred to me before. But for the "tracker sounds" comment, you may be thinking of my Deus Ex UNATCO track where I wanted to make a polished track on old school low fidelity samples (via a Mazedude module). Trackers themselves can load up any sound (and use VSTis and whatnot) so trackers don't equate low fidelity.

--Eino

That's cool, I didn't know that. I've always thought trackers were limited to chiptune sounds, like square/saw waves and noise generators and such in something like FamiTracker. Actually though, I saw this in the submission email that made me blanket it like that with the "tracker sounds" comment:

My take became this groove thing. It was done with the Renoise tracker, and actually mostly with the demo samples (effected, altered, layered and stuff) - the compo piece was the first thing I did with Renoise.

I was actually hearing a lot of old-school chiptune sounds here, so that's why I thought it was either only Renoise or mostly Renoise.

Edited by timaeus222

That's cool, I didn't know that. I've always thought trackers were limited to chiptune sounds, like square/saw waves and noise generators and such in something like FamiTracker. Actually though, I saw this in the submission email that made me blanket it like that with the "tracker sounds" comment:

Ahh, that makes sense! I didn't even think of FamiTracker/GoatTracker (Commodore 64) and the like. I'm only used to trackers that are primarily sample based (starting from Amiga). Well, what "trackers" in the end have in common is the UI, or really just the way notation is displayed/entered.

I was actually hearing a lot of old-school chiptune sounds here, so that's why I thought it was either only Renoise or mostly Renoise.

That thought would be correct. (: But the sound really is just the samples loaded. Well, maybe also how the lead is sequenced especially in the first half, I tried to go for a very classic tracker-like sequencing in there.

--Eino

Seriously, what is that bubbly popping sound in this ReMix? It sounds awesome and sounds like it fits right in with the rest of the instrumentation. Eino has been pumping out a lot of great work lately, and this is a fine addition to the collection. Good job on this Castlevania 64 mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02812 - Castlevania (N64) "Clockwork Groove"