Super Mario World - Ghost House (House Remix)

Mykah

I'm currently working on an electro house type remix of the switch palace theme, so it's cool to hear more Super Mario World!

I think this is well done and definitely a fun listen. I liked how you put in the ghost sounds. And I'm feeling that spooky vibe.

I agree with timaeus about the kick. My other critique is that the remix feels a bit sparse, I think it would benefit from more layers. Also, I think some of those ghost house sound effects were overused. Though house is supposed to be repetitive, so not really a huge deal.

Thanks for the feedback timaeus222 and Cash!

Yeah I agree with all those points about the kick, sparseness and overuse of the ghost sounds.

If I go back to this work on this remix again in the future I will definitely work on those aspects.

Nice beat to this one, man - got me bouncing right away. I'm afraid that Cash and Timeaus both are right on the bass of the drums, as it sounds poor when there's so much compression on it. When the little melodic bits come in, they don't work, the way they are since they seem both out of tune with the background instruments that you incorporated, and the timing of the theme is off. 1:04 is an example of this theme, but the issues are the same whenever it comes in.

Otherwise, nice and clean, and it's a clever interpretation. Nice work, and I hope whatever advice I can give helps.

The shape of the sound wave is amazing haha, with some imagination you can picture a couple Boo there.

Anyway, I feel most of the comments regarding the song have been said already. Kick is too loud and makes listening to the rest of the stuff very hard. I also think you should layer the sample that plays the melody with something slightly more understandable (and also something that fills the right channel!).