*NO* Super Mario 64 'Bombs Away'

DragonAvenger

Really super cool ideas here. Wow, the bass stuff is cool. Unfortunately, that wobble bass occupies the entire frequency range and I can't hear anything else most of the time when it is playing, the leads are completely obscured when they play together with the wobbles. It doesn't help that most of your leads are saws as is that wobble bass. Your drums are also fuzz-heavy, so that's a lot of buzz and fuzz going on. Sounds like your sub-bass is fine.

You'll really need to carve out room in the middle of that wobble bass timbre for your leads and other backing elements. Also, most of your other elements are competing for space in the middle of the frequency range. Even your sfx are getting mushed into the middle. I adore this arrangement but it just needs a bit more production love (eq and sound choices mainly).

NO (resubmit)

Your arrangement ideas are excellent, and I really dig the crazy vocals that are super treated; I do think you need a few clean sounds in here to really add power and clarity, while still having a lot of dirty fuzz. it can be done, but it's not always super apparent. I do think changing your leads to something a bit cleaner would let you keep the character of the track intact mostly, and really surgical EQ cuts is the way to get more into the track without having to alter the sounds chosen too much, which I think overall are really working out.

Take a look at Chimpazilla's comments as well, they have some good instructions for cleaning things up further. Good stuff though, can't wait to hear a revision. :-)

No, please resubmit

This is really fun stuff. I dig the style and the creative arrangment work. Beat is thick and punchy.

Kristina really sums up my thoughts on this track really well. The main issue here is balance and clarity. I don't think it's as much the wobble bass as the saw bass that plays throughout that's the main culprit. :57 is a good example where the bass is playing sustained notes and burying the melodic lines.

What's here is very close IMO. I think if the balance is tweaked and perhaps some of the fuzz/buzz is scaled back this should be good to go.

NO resubmit, please