Looking for Specific Program by Features

I used to be a user of both Finale 2006 and FL Studio 5, but neither program suits my needs. I love the notation of Finale, but I'm limited to the Garritan Personal Orchestra or cheap MIDI noise unless I want to dish out even more money. FL Studio supports SoundFonts, but I really don't like loop-based composition and the limitation on the use of time signatures, and I'm not a fan of piano roll either.

I'm looking for a program that supports standard music notation and guitar tabs, and also supports SoundFonts. The cheaper, the better.

I really don't like loop-based composition and the limitation on the use of time signatures, and I'm not a fan of piano roll either.

I'm not calling FLStudio God's program here, but there is no need to make loop based composition unless you want to be lazy, and you can make music in the key of Z if you wanted to (I made a song that changes keys every four chords). The only thing holding you back from getting FLStudio is your dislike of piano roll (personally I prefer sheet music over piano roll, but I refuse to learn a new program after almost a year of using FLStudio).

So yeah.../useless relevant post

Edit: yeah, so now this means nothing. :lol:

I really don't like loop-based composition and the limitation on the use of time signatures, and I'm not a fan of piano roll either.

I'm not calling FLStudio God's program here, but there is no need to make loop based composition unless you want to be lazy, and you can make music in the key of Z if you wanted to (I made a song that changes keys every four chords). The only thing holding you back from getting FLStudio is your dislike of piano roll (personally I prefer sheet music over piano roll, but I refuse to learn a new program after almost a year of using FLStudio).

Finale exports MIDI files...FL Studio imports MIDI files. About half of the composition I do is in Finale, but I usually (90% of the time) export a midi from Finale and take it into FL to do more with it.

Slight correction. He said time signatures, not key signatures. And yes, when compared to a sequencer with built-in music notation, FL is a bit more tricky in terms of getting your changes in. Possible, but tricky.

Slight correction. He said time signatures, not key signatures. And yes, when compared to a sequencer with built-in music notation, FL is a bit more tricky in terms of getting your changes in. Possible, but tricky.

Ok, so now my post is entirely irrelevant. :lol: