OCR folks in San Francisco?

Mazedude

Hey gang; Mazedude here. So, this is very tentative, but I might be coming out to San Francisco next month, and it could be fun to hang with some OCR peeps while I'm in town. I've only been out that way once, ever, but this time it could be for a whole week. Big web developer's conference in downtown that I'd like to attend. And I imagine there are probably some folks I know who don't often get to come to the East Coast events like MAGFest, yeah?

So, just throwing that out there; not sure how busy I'll be networking and all at the event, but around the training it could be fun to have someone I know show me the city a little. :)

Hey hey, sounds promising! Good deal.

It's still very tentative at this point; my company is being iffy about the cost it would take to send me out there, although they totally see the benefit it would bring. I guess a follow-up question would be - in order to help them save money and thus afford the plane tickets - would I be able to crash with anyone if I had to? Mirby? Waleed? A simple couch would suffice.

And yeah if it works out, let's definitely arrange a hang-out, it's funny that there'll be some other folks out there for work as well.

I'm in San Francisco now, for those of you keeping track. I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt on Union Square, and I'll be here until the 16th. I'll be working pretty much every day until then, so I don't have tons of free time, but if anyone who lives around here wants to do something one night, I should be able to.

I'm in San Francisco now, for those of you keeping track. I'm staying at the Grand Hyatt on Union Square, and I'll be here until the 16th. I'll be working pretty much every day until then, so I don't have tons of free time, but if anyone who lives around here wants to do something one night, I should be able to.

I'd be down to grab dinner on saturday or sunday.

Damn, you're in one of the nice places, Jovian.

Yeah, I'm actually working in the hotel -- they're comping the room. I sure as hell wouldn't be staying here on my own dime, but one of the perks of working in the hospitality industry is that you get to stay in nice places.

I'd be down to grab dinner on saturday or sunday.

Saturday's probably a wash, as I'm scheduled to be updating their server that night (yaaaaay), but I'd definitely be up for something on Sunday. Anyone else in the area be able to make it out to the area Sunday night?

Oof. Found out that I won't be able to make this conference after all. Shoot. Sorry to get your hopes up folks; turns out the higher ups where I work took too long to get back to me about this and now things are either filled up, unavailable, or too expensive. Which kinda makes me grumpy since I brought this up back in freakin' January. Grumble grumble.

I'll make it out there one of these days! In the meantime if y'all do a hangout anyways, have a drink for me. :)