How do u guys make your remixed music?

i want to know how many methods can use to remix music...

1. Use midi and output it with synthezier

2. use real instrument to record

3. input and edit different wav, gathering them into music

it there any other methods?

for 1, wt hardware should i buy to export a high quality of sound?

p.s I'm a beginner of remixer

Pray tell, how'd you miss that dozen of stickied threads put there for your convenience? If you would have the same prowess in traffic, you'd turn Route 66 in a desolate, wreck-laden wasteland ;).

MIDI is not audio. Your synthesizer will only tell the receiving party what notes it should play, not how they sound. MIDI is to audio what musical scoresheets are to tape. The difference is crucial.

Do you play a real instrument or do you have the patience to learn it? If not, then a purely computer-based approach is one of the cheapest and fastest ways to make songs.

Samples alone are usually not enough.
Yes. Software synthesizers, for instance.
None. This question is meaningless. It can't be answered without an actual budget.

Furthermore, in terms of synthesizers you may forget any terms you've learned from computers - synthesizers (except a few which you can count on 2 hands and which have a 4-digit price) aren't there with the uploading/downloading/exporting stuff yet.

Read the stickies and this http://www.tweakheadz.com/

Come back when you can answer the above question of budget and after you've read more of the material. Having people shout various brand names or plugins at you isn't going to do you any good; you must understand the underlying concepts better in order to refine your choices.

Sure, you can download the FL Studio trial version. This will however cause a load of questions in its own right; a lot of which can be answered by some reading.

Pray tell, how'd you miss that dozen of stickied threads put there for your convenience? If you would have the same prowess in traffic, you'd turn Route 66 in a desolate, wreck-laden wasteland ;).

MIDI is not audio. Your synthesizer will only tell the receiving party what notes it should play, not how they sound. MIDI is to audio what musical scoresheets are to tape. The difference is crucial.

Do you play a real instrument or do you have the patience to learn it? If not, then a purely computer-based approach is one of the cheapest and fastest ways to make songs.

Samples alone are usually not enough.
Yes. Software synthesizers, for instance.
None. This question is meaningless. It can't be answered without an actual budget.

Furthermore, in terms of synthesizers you may forget any terms you've learned from computers - synthesizers (except a few which you can count on 2 hands and which have a 4-digit price) aren't there with the uploading/downloading/exporting stuff yet.

Read the stickies and this http://www.tweakheadz.com/

Come back when you can answer the above question of budget and after you've read more of the material. Having people shout various brand names or plugins at you isn't going to do you any good; you must understand the underlying concepts better in order to refine your choices.

Sure, you can download the FL Studio trial version. This will however cause a load of questions in its own right; a lot of which can be answered by some reading.

the budget of the hardware is around US$750~1250, but i wonder which kind of the hardware is commonly used in remixing.

btw, how do u make the music? make a midi first?

What ever happenned to the beginners guide to hardware/software? It seems to have dissappeared.

i remembered i 've read the passage about how to remix by Mcvaffe. He suggested some hardwares and methods to do so, but i don't really remember wt the name of the hardware is. sth likes Roland's product.

The post seems to be deleted. It was a sticky post in past

It's still in the tutorial section.

And really now. We do like to help, but this question "How do I remix" comes up every other day. We have a huge collection of info on this page, whynot usethe search function, start with the basics, etc. I mean... we don't have sticky topics for nothing.

And yeah, a similar thread that is only 2(!) days old!

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83871

You see the problem here? You're an individual, yeah. But that doesn't mean that you can be lazy and start a new thread asking for spoonfeeding where other threads already answer your problems.

the budget of the hardware is around US$750~1250, but i wonder which kind of the hardware is commonly used in remixing.

A Remix is not a genre; otherwise everything on the site would sound the same. There's nothing common; all depends on the available budget (usually not that high due to the age groups on this site) and the available space (most people don't have a full studio for themselves). So, compact, inexpensive gear (but this is not the rule).

I start up Cubase and play something. It records what I play. I can also start up Reason and do the same. Eventually, the song format can not be really called "MIDI" anymore; MIDI has a number of restrictions. Cubase allows an audio track, for instance; so if I need background noise, I can just drag a complete waveform in the sequencer on a single track.

I can also bounce what I played to an audio track; since playing audio is less CPU-intensive than calculating how a plugin sounds, I can use more instruments.

There's no recipe. First you figure out how you want to remix an existing track, what instruments you're going to need. Then you start building the basis or maybe focus on the chorus/verse structure to make those complete (e.g. completely compose and play in all the tracks) first.

I have a number of hardware synthesizers that are controlled by a remote keyboard. The remote sends MIDI signals to the MIDI-interface which routes 'm through to the actual device. This allows me to sit on my ass and choose what synth I want to play from a single location.

No, but I mean, we used to have a sticky specifically titled "What hardware/software should I start out with," and it no longer exists.

Blame the one who truncated the board!

It's automatic. Stickies are subject to automatic pruning, announcements are not. It sounds silly, but the stickies do need to be bumped once in a while.

A Remix is not a genre; otherwise everything on the site would sound the same. There's nothing common; all depends on the available budget (usually not that high due to the age groups on this site) and the available space (most people don't have a full studio for themselves). So, compact, inexpensive gear (but this is not the rule).

I start up Cubase and play something. It records what I play. I can also start up Reason and do the same. Eventually, the song format can not be really called "MIDI" anymore; MIDI has a number of restrictions. Cubase allows an audio track, for instance; so if I need background noise, I can just drag a complete waveform in the sequencer on a single track.

I can also bounce what I played to an audio track; since playing audio is less CPU-intensive than calculating how a plugin sounds, I can use more instruments.

There's no recipe. First you figure out how you want to remix an existing track, what instruments you're going to need. Then you start building the basis or maybe focus on the chorus/verse structure to make those complete (e.g. completely compose and play in all the tracks) first.

I have a number of hardware synthesizers that are controlled by a remote keyboard. The remote sends MIDI signals to the MIDI-interface which routes 'm through to the actual device. This allows me to sit on my ass and choose what synth I want to play from a single location.

so do u have any suggestion of the model of hardware?

i just know the Roland 's sythesizers. Should i buy the compact 1 with keyboard or sound module and a keyboard? As i don't want to waste my money on buying unsuitable units for remixing

It's still in the tutorial section.

And really now. We do like to help, but this question "How do I remix" comes up every other day. We have a huge collection of info on this page, whynot usethe search function, start with the basics, etc. I mean... we don't have sticky topics for nothing.

And yeah, a similar thread that is only 2(!) days old!

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83871

You see the problem here? You're an individual, yeah. But that doesn't mean that you can be lazy and start a new thread asking for spoonfeeding where other threads already answer your problems.

that's fine. i will stop posting newbie' posts

so do u have any suggestion of the model of hardware?
No.
i just know the Roland 's sythesizers. Should i buy the compact 1 with keyboard or sound module and a keyboard?

I don't think you should buy anything before you have tried out some stuff. Any music stores nearby? Just go there without a fat wallet and demo some things.

As i don't want to waste my money on buying unsuitable units for remixing

Not remixing. Making music. As I said, you want to make music. A remix is a re-interpretation/rearrangement done in a similar or different style of the original. It is not a separate genre. One device is not more suited for a remix than the other. Buying a certain device doesn't enable you to make good remixes.

How I (or anyone else) make music is not exactly going to be the way you're going to make music, most likely.

You could get yourself something like an Alesis Fusion 6HD. It's got various methods of synthesis and a built-in sampler/harddiskrecorder; a lot of bang for the buck. However, you might not enjoy looking at a small blue screen. If you -then- want to move to PC-based production, the sequencer suddenly becomes useless so you'll end up with a heavy paperweight.

See my point?