Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time (Chill Electronic Video Remix)

motivemakesaman

I feel like the original version of this song has such a groove to it, and I wanted to keep the essence of that groove, but change up the feel of the song, making it more ambient and atmospheric.

My other goal in arranging this was to pull sounds from varying time periods and making them blend together. I have the melodica, bells, and sleigh bells which can connect with the early days of folk, the mellotron and CP80 (piano sound) from 70's prog rock, the dark wave synth bass of the 80s, and then a more modern glitchy drum beat under it all. And I think it comes together really well.

I know this song is well covered, but it would be great if you gave my take on it a listen.

LINK HERE: http://youtu.be/9AyuFFMGWRg

• 4 weeks later...

This deserves a big ol' bump because it needs some attention. Really really neat take on an over-covered classic. The soundscape is really interesting and it feels intentional in all the right ways. The amounts of reverb on various instruments, the mixing in general is just great. I love the vibe and flow of the track. Excellent work.

I feel your drum patterns might be a little *too* sparse in some areas. Some mastering and general EQ work could go a long way towards polishing things up and making it sound even better. Love the lead synth when its being played. Things do get a bit stagnant towards the middle half, but some interesting instrument choices usually spice things up enough to keep my attention. I'd love to see things have a bit more direction too - you follow the original pretty faithfully - I'd love to see some original stuff worked in as well.

All things considered, this is a nice little gem in the WIP section. Nice work man.