OCR00794 - Chrono Trigger "Daughter of Evil"

Liontamer

• 1 year later...

The textures can get fairly bare here (like at 0:52 - 1:04), but when they aren't, like when the synth strings and/or piano come in, the track manages to drive forward and keep me interested. There's quite a bit of copy+paste of chordal and/or melodic textures from entire passages, but at least there was some alteration of instruments around what was repeated to change energy levels; for 2002, taking the time to do at least that is worth mentioning.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the second track I’ve reviewed that I remember listening to the first year I was introduced to Overclocked. I like the use of the string ensemble, and I remember that being one of the reasons I liked this track back in the day. Not a fan of the percussion samples, but the string ensemble work alone makes this remix worthy of a download.

• 3 weeks later...

An interesting arpeggio intro that leads into some nice piano melody, however when the main percussion comes in everything falls away and leaves the soundscape a bit empty. The rest of the track keeps things interesting by changing up leads and pads in equal measure which works well with the main tune. The arpeggio from the intro fades in and out towards the end of the track which I found a little distracting.  

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00794 - Chrono Trigger "Daughter of Evil"