Streets of Rage Album

Garpocalypse

By the way,

I've had my eyes on Dilapidated Town for a long time. Since I plan on wrapping up my current track this week, I would like to claim that one as well. But I don't want to be greedy, so any objections?

I'm still waiting on a few invites to get back to me to be on the main album. I do not have a problem with it but for now if you want to do another source let's have it as a bonus track. If no one gets back to me for Dilapidated Town then yours will be moved onto the main album.

I would also be completely for anyone who wants to collab with each other or tackle an extra track once the main album gets filled. We have a lot of diversity in musical tastes and that would make for some truly interesting SOR remixes.

missed the first check-in but is it still possible to participate. just realized there was a recruiting albums threads on the forums.lol.

bout to sign up for projects like its nobodies business 8)

Hey SCM!

In my opinion, doing remixing compos as you have been are the best way to practice writing to deadlines as well as quickly developing your skills due to being in a competitive environment. If you're looking to sign up for a lot of projects keep in mind that the vast majority of project albums fall through on the OCR forums and THIS one has a fairly condensed production time frame since it's a restarted project. To be frank, album directors are looking for remixers who are dedicated to the album right up until its release. If you feel you can keep up with the deadlines and still produce a quality track then you're invited to submit a WIP and make a claim!

Edited by Garpocalypse

Hey SCM!

In my opinion, doing remixing compos as you have been are the best way to practice writing to deadlines as well as quickly developing your skills due to being in a competitive environment. If you're looking to sign up for a lot of projects keep in mind that the vast majority of project albums fall through on the OCR forums and THIS one has a fairly condensed production time frame since it's a restarted project. To be frank, album directors are looking for remixers who are dedicated to the album right up until its release. If you feel you can keep up with the deadlines and still produce a quality track then you're invited to submit a WIP and make a claim!

hehe. dedication is my middle name. 8-)

On a side note, ppl prolly never realized or forgot that u can subscribe to a thread in case the thread gets lost in a forum. its very handy for long time commitments such as albums.

Also, the song I wish to try to claim is "Beating on the ship"

did a quick 1 hour wip in a form of the MnP (Meat n' Potatoes) format to get things rolling.

https://soundcloud.com/the-game-to-be-retitled/boatmania-wip

Of course the remix will have more time and love put into it if I passed qualifying it.

Ok, so I'm doing Violent Breathing as Brandon was kind enough to swap with me (Fighting In The Street). Thanks again, dude. :)

Really hoping I'll pull this one off as it's the remix I've most wanted to update (last made in 2005) and my favourite song from the series. It's also one of the tracks that got me into making music.

Still looking for WIPS from the following:

CJTheMusicDude

Mak Eightman

Fallen Seraph

Just in case there was a misunderstanding. If you sent something to me when the project was restarted I still need you to upload your most recent version to Google Drive for this first official check in.

Edited by Garpocalypse

i didn't really think about that to be honest. didn't know if it was a *hush-hush* kind of thing. I just post them in the workshop so I can get feedback from other peeps.

Edit:

I'm still in the phase of trying to get better at the mastering quality, but I have to say its a pretty big jump from my previous remixes so far. As far as trying to get veteran remixers to help me improve, already on it since i'm also in the RWS with Jorito as my star. lookin forward to that.

Edited by Supercoolmike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just over a week until the next deadline! I hope everyone is making some good progress! There are a few remixers who I have not heard from yet since we started to get rolling with the deadlines. If there is still no word from them then their sources will be reopened to the remixing public!

CJThemusicDude

Fallen Seraph

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't got notifications on this recently (prob the forum update). No further progress on my remix unfortunately, but I suppose playing the level might help jog something.

I still want to be involved, but I can't operate at the same capacity as others. My methods are more spontaneous/inspiration driven. And I 'screen' a lot of my attempts, as it were.

• 3 months later...