*NO* Golden Sun 2 'Golden Rain' *FT*

DarkeSword

so yeah, I think mine fell through

it was for golden sun the lost age, titled Golden Rain

confirmation email was recieved on 4 march, without an instant rejection email

lo-fi URL:

hi-fi URL:

for good reference and great justice

I hope you'll get to it (and I also certainly hope I didn't miss it being rejected somewhere)

Golden Rain:

The piano work on this doesn't suit playing solo at all, and so at times it sounds really odd, with just a chord in the air without even any bass notes, or even any sustain. The delay wasn't enough to keep it from sounding very empty - in fact this mix is like an anorexic, it needs some meat. Some pads or underlying chords, some underlying piano work in the lower octaves, another layer of drums/percussion perhaps. Try the WIP boards for some more feedback on this. Not bad work, the remixer has a musical ear, just needs to flesh out the mix. A lot.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/gsf/goldensun2.rar - 124 "Aqua Rock"

It would have helped immensely to provide some info as to what was being mixed, especially with a 100-song soundtrack. The information might have been in your original submission letter, but if you fall it through you've gotta at least let a judge know what you're arranging. Luckily for me, it wasn't too far into the soundtrack to cause me to give up.

Opening piano sounds ultra-fake and rigid, and needs more body to it. Beats are limp and the bassline is thin, quiet and bleh. The looped rain SFX is the best thing you've got going on in here. Lead synth brought in at :50 on top of the piano sounds too generic/out-of-the-box and needs more effects to stand out as unique. It's a nice synth that's capable of much more.

Rinse and repeat the arrangement verbatim from :07 at 1:33, SFX and all until 2:37. Are you kidding me? The arrangement at least changed up the rhythms and feel of the original a little bit, but it's not that good that you can just loop it for 2 1/2 turns. Boo-urns on this. The last section from 2:37 to the end just kept slowly dropping out instruments, which isn't a good idea when things sound so empty for the finish. You need to learn how to actually give the sounds enough meat on them so that a minimalist approach doesn't sound like you have practically nothing filling up the soundfield. Cuts out at 3:01 with 6 seconds of silence left at the end.

This was entirely too underdeveloped on both arrangement and production, and ultimately resulted in something that has potential but clearly sounds beginner-ish. I completely agreed with Malc upon reading his vote afterward. Good first effort, but you've got a long way to go. Spend time learning how to better your skills at the ReMixing forum, then post your Works for people to comment on before you submit again in the future.

NO

I liked the concept here - trying to build up a sort of chill ambiance, but I don't think it was executed properly. The drums came off as completely out of place, and as the above two judges mentioned, the piano was highly mechanical. Everything is quite sparse overall and really if you took out the SFX you would have a very empty mix. This needs to be filled out in a big way.. pads, additional harmony instruments, more present bass, and so forth. Also considering the lack of material the mix as a whole is repetitive, and the arrangement doesn't go anywhere interesting. No individual part is complex, and the combination of them is not complex either.

NO