OCR03327 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country 'High Tide'

djpretzel

Actually kinda fun, some modern/trap elements made it fresh.

- djp

---

OverClockedRemix,

Donkey Kong Country (Super Nintendo)
David Wise - Aquatic Ambience

FoxyPanda - High Tide:

I made this remix because it was one of my favorite video game songs growing up. I know this track is very overdone on OCRemix.org, but I had to put my own spin on the song that brings back that nostalgic feeling.

Thank you for your time,
Jordan Null (FoxyPanda)

or 
(Currently I have no UserID#, If I could be linked to a create an account page I will gladly create an account.)

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty well done; it would have been really easy to just take the source and directly convert it to the genre, but you've done a lot of cool arrangement by omission. The melodic snippets are pretty cool, and the little pinky arps add to the aquatic mood. The backing chants were pretty nice too, and added some energy to the repetitions of the main theme. Structurally there isn't much different, but things are sufficiently decorated and the track progresses well. 

I'm digging this, it's not revolutionary, but it takes a lot of fresh ideas and applies them to an old favorite. 

Yes

• 5 weeks later...

LOL at the generic "AY! AY!" trap vocals. That was probably my lowlight, since they were kind of lo-fi sounding and sounded stapled on in the back instead of seeming like it was part of the same soundscape. Not a huge deal though. Even in the more minimal sections, like the initial build up, Jordan used chords explicitly from the source, so the connections are there practically the whole way through. Aside from the sampled vocals not being a perfect fit, the adjustment to trap and the ear candy added here both clicked very nicely. Welcome aboard! :-)

YES

Yeah those vocals though.  Haha!  Larry's right, they sound a bit stapled on, perhaps because they are dry.  That "huh" is worse to me than the "hey heys."  Some of the synth choices sound a bit generic to me, but you've written really well with them.  The arrangement is dynamite.  Really superduper personalization of this theme, while keeping it recognizable.  Nice work, fun listen.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/02/20 - (3Y) Donkey Kong Country 'High Tide'