OCR03289 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Dreamcatcher"

Liontamer

Does it seem like the track cuts off abruptly at the end for anyone else, or is it just me? Because it feels like there was a few more seconds left until the track ended...and then it just cuts off.

That nitpick aside, this feels very lucid. You're asleep, and then throughout the first minute, you're taken to that lucid state of mind. The distorted background work sounds like a representation of reality, while the music in the foreground represents the dream. It's very fascinating. The piano sounded very pleasant, wasn't really a fan of the percussion work, but it isn't distracting enough to ruin the track for me. It just doesn't make me feel "relaxed" compared to the rest of the production work. I was honestly more distracted by how the track ended. I wanna believe that it represents waking up from that lucid state, but it's tough to say for sure without knowing for sure if I'm just hearing things. Anyway, it's still a nice, creative, and dreamy track.

2 hours ago, nitrozsz said:

Does it seem like the track cuts off abruptly at the end for anyone else, or is it just me? Because it feels like there was a few more seconds left until the track ended...and then it just cuts off.

I received a WAV from Skrypnyk, and that's simply how it ends, i.e. it's on purpose. :-)

Thanks for clarifying @Liontamer . I wanted to believe it was on purpose cause in a weird way, it kinda added another layer to that whole "lucid" experience. Now that it's intentional as you say, the ending strikes me as that feeling you get when you immediately wake up in the middle of a dream, or...something, I dunno. All this lucid talk is making me more tired than I already am :P

The whole soundscape in the first minute or so sets the mood perfectly for this track, it's the kind of track that if you fell asleep with this on it would follow you into your dream and stick around for the whole NiGHT (see what I did there? ;))
The only thing I don't like about this track is glitched drums at around 02:45 onwards; that kinda took me out of the semi-daze I was in while listening to this. Only a minor nitpick for me though. The ending was abrupt but did fit with the 'narrative' that had been built up throughout (falling asleep - dreaming - waking up - AWAKE!). [4.5/5]

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03289 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Dreamcatcher"
  • 3 months later...

This is wild and a little trippy, certainly fits the whole atmosphere of falling asleep and dreaming before waking up to voices and outside car honking noises, where the ReMix stops. Out of context, I can see how the ending might snag a few folks, but I think it works as intended. Good beat, a sweet lucid ambiance with just the right amount of reverb, and the piano wasn't loud enough to take me out of the "dreamy" bits, but was loud enough for me to appreciate it. This is pretty damn good.