OCR03499 - *YES* Lunar 2 (PS1) "Blue Star Prayer"

djpretzel

Now here's something you don't hear every day! Arrangement has that swirling, old-school Disney feel to it... this would have been *brilliant* with Frank Sinatra singing, but Chris lays down a vocal that for the most part keeps up with the accompaniment. - djp

Link to file: 

Contact Information

ReMixer name: Chris Muggli-Miller
Email address: 
Forum userid: 16184

Submission Information

Name of game: Lunar: Eternal Blue
Name of arrangement: Blue Star Prayer
Name of original song: Lucia’s Theme

My comments: Lunar 2 was one of those games that affected me more strongly than it had any right to do. While I thought the ending song was a perfect way to end the story, part of me wondered how it might have sounded if it had been a full orchestra production, like the ending themes from Final Fantasy games with which I was more familiar. Looking online and seeing a curious lack of Lunar 2 remixes out there, I decided to do my part. Here is Lucia’s Theme, re-envisioned to sound more like a Final Fantasy ending theme. True Lunar 2 fans will discover other themes from the game hidden throughout the orchestration. All arrangement and production is 100% my own work, including the vocals. Additionally, I had the good fortune of being able to share this version with Noriyuki Iwadare (composer of the original) who gave it his personal stamp of approval.

Thank you!
Chris

-----------------------------------------------------------------

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/10/02 - (1Y) Lunar: Eternal Blue 'Blue Star Prayer'
  • Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/10/02 - (2Y) Lunar: Eternal Blue 'Blue Star Prayer'

Great instrumentation and writing on display here.  Vocals definitely get the job done here.  Chris achieves a great balance between the backing orchestra and the vocals so that the former supports, rather than competes with, the latter.

Arrangement work sounds solid to me.  Great delicate phrasing on even more minor backing instruments.  Top notch sequencing here.

Man, instrumentation sounds gorgeous.  I'm plagued with sample envy.

One note: Sounds like some clipping briefly at 5:27.  Probably pushed the levels a bit hard, but it would be good to have a fix for it.

YES

• Nutritious changed the title to 2015/10/02 - (3Y) Lunar: Eternal Blue 'Blue Star Prayer'
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03499 - *YES* Lunar 2 (PS1) "Blue Star Prayer"
  • DaMonz locked this topic