*NO* Legend of Dragoon 'Polarity Round Two'

Liontamer

Hey,

Sorry but i dont know what the original of this is called since i pulled the tune direct from the TV while playing it but this is a remix of "something" from Legend Of Dragoon i have dubbed Polarity (You will know why when you listen)

I classified this as Jungle techno but im not really sure what to catagorise it as, either way its a heavy hitting electronica style track.

Hope you enjoy it

- DJ Liquid Neon

----------------------------------------------------

The Legend of Dragoon Original Soundtrack - 38 "Boss Battle 3"

That's a fairly good source tune. Rather surprised there's no PSF set out for the game.

Some basic but solid dNb beats from Liquid to open things up, though a pretty unexpressive and dry synth joined in at :20. Things finally kicked in at :40 with some further flat synths followed up with a synth electric guitar at :49. Hate to say it, but all these synths are so bland and unexpressive, and the texture is crowded without being spacious. Some chipmunk vocals come in from 1:10-1:31 saying "polarity, polarity, etc." but they just further crowd the soundfield.

The arrangement has some potential, but the synths (especially the lower ones) just drone and sap all the energy right out of it. It's rather disappointing. Given more complexity, and better production & synth design choices, this could be a high-energy winner. Instead, it's a fairly straightforward genre conversion with too little going on harmonically. You need to expand your répertoire and branch out of the formulas you're comfortable with.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I like the drumwork here for the most part - some small mixing issues aside (hihats a little too sharp, for example). It also takes a little too long for the mix to pick up. Synth/sound design IS really bland and the production doesn't give the individual parts much room to breathe. Larry covered most of my points that I was going to bring up, otherwise. This simply needs more work to be at our bar. Take a closer listen to electronic mixes that have been passed as of late to get a better idea of what you should be shooting for.

NO