*NO* Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Duel 'Gravity Susceptible Appendages'

Liontamer

File location:

Remixer Name: BoxxMann

I remixed the track "Heavy Arms" from the Game "Gundam Wing: Endless Duel"

I created this mix because i wanted to remix something high energy and as a fan or the game i think that the original was a great track to begin with.

That's all I can really say.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://www.snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=gwed - Airport (gwed-04.spc)

Opens up with some stock electronica textures. Melody comes in at :15 on some fairly well-sequenced synth strings. The mess of beats and synths here is so muddy and indistinct, the drums were flimsy but tended to get swallowed up into the beats. The beats tended to take up too much of the space so that the string work and melodic content were too much of an afterthought. I liked the string writing from 1:39-2:02 followed by whatever synth that was until 2:15, but all of it struggled to be heard.

As the song continued, the variations tended to be too samey. At 2:16, we get another verse of the source, but it's the same synths and the ideas basically retread for a while. When the synth tones finally start changing at 3:18, there's no new writing, and the groove you laid down alternates between 2 repetitive patterns that both dragged. The last section was decent, though that last hanging string exposed the sample pretty badly.

You've got a good groove here, but your sound balance is a mess, and the arrangement doesn't evolve much despite your best efforts. The arrangement itself compared to the original isn't very creative and sounds more like a sound upgrade than an interpretive arrangement. It's not a cover, but the instrumentation, beatwork, and section-to-section changeups are so similar to the original that you don't deserve much credit on the interpretation side.

NO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

umm, while i agree with larry and shariq on the NO, i don't agree as to why

the instruments here are terrible. i think they may be servicable but i'm questioning how uncomfortable these synths sound inside my head. it isn't the worst electronica i've heard by any stretch of the imagination but it also isn't very fluid and it certainly doesn't do enough from an arrangement perspective to save it

NO