*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Flooded Woods'

Liontamer

LINK (revised 10/28):

Remixer: 1makes2

Realname-Mike O'Shea Mikesoft121@yahoo.com

SONG REMIXED:

Zelda-Links Awakening Mysterious woods

song title- Zelda Links Awakening Flooded Woods OC Remix

This song was made using FlStudio4. I chose do do this song because i downloaded Disco Dans Triforce Majure and Braving Tal Tal Heights and that inspired me to do a zelda song. I Used a Yamaha PSR-225GM keyboard/midi controller and my numark mixer. I tried to get some ambiance into a high paced/high energy song. Either way you look at it it smells like ramen noodles.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/zelda.zip - Track 9

Pretty decent. I liked most of the arrangement ideas even if some of the sound choices weren't very hot. At :40, the effects on the sounds made things sound lossy rather than spacious. Some of the highs were pretty nasty with the volume like at :44, for example. (Coincidentally, that wasn't the case with the version you originally sent in. That version was less spacious, but the sounds were more balanced and less lossy-sounding.)

The piano writing during 1:02-1:23 was pretty boring, IMO, and didn't work well with the bassline. The brass was also pretty bleh, both in the background and especially the foreground at 1:23 during its solo. Flesh the sound out and layer it up to mitigate the realism issues there. On the other hand, the synth in the background from 1:54-2:46 had some ace writing that worked well with the piano, even if the sound balance there was a bit iffy.

On the minus side, the pianos from 3:06 didn't harmonize well at all, IMO, and led the arrangement sounding noticeably aimless. Continued like that when the fakey brass returned at 3:28; the arrangement seemed to lose direction and simply change things up for the sake of being different, affecting the track all the way until the very end at 4:13.

Work on production to achieve a cleaner, more balanced soundscape, flesh out the brass parts so they don't sound so terribly flat and fake, and rework the last minute so that it finishes strongly.

NO (rework/resubmit)

• 1 month later...

really weird

really cool

the arrangement is great. plenty of ideas that go all over the place. i am most impressed by the pacing of the different sections... you transition very nicely from one idea to the next.

i think what really dunks this through the hoop is how this still has that zelda dungeon music feel to it. it is like a cross between zelda and luigi's mansion. like navigating a haunted, urban dungeon. somewhere down the street... but in a different WORLD! you know?

1makes2, you're good. i like this a lot

YES

interesting. i'm not too keenly in favor of the urban-ish beat. mainly the snare. i found it pretty annoying after a while, and i think it's just because everything in the track has such a dry and stacatto feel. like when you play a song, and then decide to just screw around with the tempo just for fun.

i guess this is kind of a fusion between r&b and d&b to an extent. Not really my brew of tea, but it is an intriguing take on the source. an overall pretty good interpretation--i think it's the execution that falls a little short on this one. the over-all choppiness tended to leave this one sounding a little empty. there's hardly any midrange to be found anywhere, so with only lows and highs, there's hardly any real depth to the track as far as the EQ goes. i personally found the brass rather awful; sorry man, don't know how else to phrase that.

Dang, that snare--I really want something else to make an appearance. It's not that the drums were too repetitive, just that the one-shot samples were. I think it would have played out a lot better had you thrown some cool FX on the drums and switched up the samples periodically.

I've been analyzing this for the past 20 minutes, so I'll just leave it at whats been said.

NO

Wow, you really threw us a curveball here. This is great stuff! Despite the emptiness in some parts, I enjoy the overall style and unique rhythmic choices you've made. Production's hurting, though.

I think you should bring out that bassline somehow. It seems too rounded and subdued for the kind of melodic content it takes on at times. Everything else, as Vig said, sounds dry and hot. (Yes, despite the rainstick! Were you trying to trick us there? :wink:)

I hope you won't let that talent go to waste; if you think you need help with the production, don't hesitate to ask! The WIP forums are a starting place, but if you don't get enough helpful feedback there, I give you my personal permission to harass zircon on AIM. XD

NO RESUBMIT!