Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album

The Nikanoru

Made good progress with my track last night. Was struggling with artist block and whipped out my keyboard and managed to improvise some patterns more in line with what I was wanting.

What I'm struggling with right now, production wise, is making a good supersaw for my chord progressions. The problem I'm running into is I'm trying to get something like this or this, but my synths either sound too sharp like some sort of trance lead, or end up being too dull and lose their effect. I'm not sure where the balance lies, but I'm sure I'm going to feel real dumb once it is figured out. Not sure if it's messing with the harmonics or just really good EQ'ing. I'm getting closer, but I could use a hand if anyone has some experience with sawtooths.

Other then that, Macbeth is coming along!

@Starphoenix's Diving into the Deep Green Abyss is the closest to completion so far and that Macbeth track of his is sounding pretty wild so far!

Hopefully @TheChargingRhino will have something to work with soon for the Andross remix. And yes, I'm sorry I don't have the voice-over done yet - stomach bugs are not conducive to concentration - but I have something in mind and will record something this week to post here. If someone is willing to provide me with the 'Tunnel' theme, then I'll have something to put behind it... hint hint ... ;)

___

I'd just like to remind everyone that it's about six weeks to the first check-in.

@DS394 and I will start contacting folks who haven't submitted a WIP yet sometime in December. We're not asking for much (even 20 seconds of track is still a WIP), just something to give us an indication of where you are and where you're taking the track. Please respond before January 1st so we know where you're at!

If you have submitted a WIP already, thank you! We'll probably ask what's going on, but nothing additional will be required at this time. If you have a new WIP to give us at the time, great!

I know it seems early to remind everyone, but everyone needs to keep in mind that the timeline is still moving towards completion. If folks are feeling the pressure and nervous about having something together by the end of the year, we have lots of folks willing to help out!

....Uuuuhhh....I kinda need a Midi to do anything....

Which I don't have, since the site that I use doesn't see to have a version....

sooo.....

I'm thinking of doing a note by note rendition of "Tunnels/ the introduction part, then have it lead into that deep pad note, then go from there.

If I could just get that Midi....that's be great. 

Working on another version of Corneria. It can be a bonus track, but it sounds pretty cool. I'll post it here or in that message thing when it's complete. Or somewhat.

Still haven't decided if I'm gonna do just the boss roll or the whole SHA-BANG.

Boss roll AND the actual credits.

...I'm gonna do orchestral. 

You know what? I'll just do a different "original" version, and we'll go from there. 

3 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

@DS394 and @Starphoenix - Were you able to find some MIDI or transpose the Tunnels theme / Andross for @TheChargingRhino yet?

Haven't really had a chance to the past couple of evenings, and tonight I was at a Bible study most of the night. I'll probably be working on more music stuff Friday, so I'll see what I can do around that time.

Posting this as personal motivation!
Here is the conceptual bit for my rearrangement of Meteo - mixed meter, fusion.  I came up with it over the course of several hot showers.  If you like it and think you need some help with your track, let me know and I would be glad to take a listen to what you have done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbay03rhf5d74hh/Meteo - Arranging.mid?dl=0

Cheers, y'all.  Here's to getting this album done.

On 11/17/2016 at 0:18 PM, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Posting this as personal motivation!
Here is the conceptual bit for my rearrangement of Meteo - mixed meter, fusion.  I came up with it over the course of several hot showers.  If you like it and think you need some help with your track, let me know and I would be glad to take a listen to what you have done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nbay03rhf5d74hh/Meteo - Arranging.mid?dl=0

Cheers, y'all.  Here's to getting this album done.

Sounds pretty sweet! I really enjoy what you're doing with this arrangement so far. 'Course it will probably be even better once the instrumentation is in place. lol

6 hours ago, TheChargingRhino said:

For every single track? But what about synths and stuff

Yeah we live record the synths too.  We are fortunate enough to have a fully functional studio.  We usually select our own digital synths and pads, after that, we determine what needs to be recorded (pads really dont need any humanization) and then lay down saxes and drum set and bass guitar.  It really depends on the importance of the part.  Like if its just groove drum set, then we can record it last, but if the fills are really involved (which they usually are) then it will get bumped up in priority.

HOORAY INSTRUMENTS

• Liontamer changed the title to Lylat System CLEAR: A Star Fox Tribute Album