OCR03495 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 "Chemical Burn"

Liontamer

Since this source should go on the top-10 of "songs with incredible remix potential" - and I'd place it pretty high up this list, behind maybe only Schala's Theme - I have to give the remixer props on the spot-on handling of the sfx by placing it in the context of the song. I never felt like I was just being hit with sfx for the sake of sfx, if that makes sense - the handling of 2:05, particularly with the finish at 2:25, is a great example of this and left me very impressed.

There's a lot going on here, and a distinct take on the theme, which should be all the more significant for the source. Well done!

For the longest time, Jivemaster's version was my fave remix of this song but you have totally blown that one out of the water! The intro is very Megaman-ish which is great. The use of SFX from the game was brilliant and I like the inclusion of a guitar at the end--really badass! My fave part was at the 1:30 mark. Great work!

• 1 month later...

Dude, hell of a debut mix right here. Probably one of the most aggressive and determined versions of this tune I've ever heard, and hearing the SFX spliced into the song reminded me of when Willrock used some of the game's SFX for the intro of his Clockwork Criminal ReMix a while back. I really liked how you integrated the SFX into the mix so that it sounded like a play through of the stage, especially when the music muted when it sounded like it was going through the water at around 2:30. That was cool.The harder rocking section at the end was awesome, my favorite section easily. Hope we hear more from you!