Legend of Zelda remix *UPDATED*

Cerrax

VERSION 1:

http://www.cerrax.com/Welcome%20to%20the%20Legend.mp3

VERSION 2:

http://www.cerrax.com/Welcome%20To%20The%20Legend%20v2.mp3

The remix is very heavily inspired by the style of E.S. Posthumous and that should be pretty obvious as you listen to it. Other than that, I want to know what you guys think!

Enjoy! Please tell me what to do better with this one! I'm going to send this to the judges eventually.

Ok, I'm not normally highly analytical of songs but since you're looking for feedback I listened through it a few times and heres what I came up with for improvements.

-When the 2nd set of notes comes in at 0:24, I'd consider making the notes lower for a little variety.

-For the strings at 1:29 and 2:46, I'm curious to how these would sound if the full melody were played instead of single notes.

-The final set of notes at 3:42 seems thrown in for no real reason. I would suggest either taking it out or expanding on it more (since its towards the end, more towards to earlier).

Otherwise I think it's a pretty strong song. I hope this helps and I wish you luck getting the song on to the site.

Ok, I'm not normally highly analytical of songs but since you're looking for feedback I listened through it a few times and heres what I came up with for improvements.

-When the 2nd set of notes comes in at 0:24, I'd consider making the notes lower for a little variety.

I haven't thought of that. I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

-For the strings at 1:29 and 2:46, I'm curious to how these would sound if the full melody were played instead of single notes.

They are playing the melody as well as whole notes. Low strings are playing whole notes while the higher strings are playing the melody with the horns.

-The final set of notes at 3:42 seems thrown in for no real reason. I would suggest either taking it out or expanding on it more (since its towards the end, more towards to earlier).

Maybe I'll just shorten that section. I thought it might bring a little closure to the piece as it fades from the main theme back to the little prelude (if you can call four notes a prelude).

Otherwise I think it's a pretty strong song. I hope this helps and I wish you luck getting the song on to the site.

Thanks for your help. I'll take what you have said into consideration.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Argh, gorram bots. Anyways, moving on:

String intro! Nice intro of the second layer. Guitar is kinda weak, but the strings are thick, so its not too bad. The piano is nice. The drums are dull. damn, man, is the only variation here the toms fills (which sound artificial, anyway)? I know from your synth rock stuff you know that drummers get bored doing the same thing, so fix that up.

Also, where the hell is the low end? You have some strings down there occasionally, but the kick drum has no, well, kick to it. Give it some love, man!

Okay, so moving onto all this orchestral stuff you have going on... AHAHA! love the drop at 3:30! Awesome. No problems with the samples here - you use EWQLSO silver, don't you? The judges might get a bit angry about the level of re-arrangement, but for zelda's popularity, I'm actually not that famillar with it, so I'll leave all those thoughts to the judges ^_^

Nice work - but really, fix those drums.

God *amn! I love E.S. Posthumus! This remix seems a bit like Nineveh to me.

It's good, but it lacks some power in my opinion. Go crazy with the volume and strings, give it some punch, crecendos, decrecendos, the whole deal. Also, add a tad more percussion in general. Some timpani/conga/shaker never hurt.

Just my personal opinion, but other than those, I like it alot.

Good job! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I could almost replace the music in the scene in Mulan when she leaves home, with this piece. It sounds almost identical, but it's not as moving.

I can say I'm not crazy about it. It's good, maybe I'm just not into the style. The key is off to me. But that's not saying it's wrong. I just don't entirely enjoy it. If you follow me. However, I can honestly say it's good. It's well manufactured. Just a little repetative.