Do you think this is a good idea?  

2 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you think this competition is a good idea, enough to continue?

    • Yes - I would love to see more like this!
      2
    • No - It's a stupid idea! NEXT!
      0

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2018 at 11:59 AM

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Woah, thanks! That was unexpected. I guess we can proceed to voting as normal (That is if we don't get any more entries)

I didn't even know you could do it, thanks.

Oh and Merry Christmas to you!

Just don't delete the round like I did by mistake with what...MnP87_Yoshi and round 2 for MnP.  The Admin Editing realm can be a dangerous place for the uninitiated lmao. 

(edit)

Umm, that is up to you and RonaldPoe.  I mean, he submitted in actual time and I kinda cheated the system thar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Just don't delete the round like I did by mistake with what...MnP87_Yoshi and round 2 for MnP.  The Admin Editing realm can be a dangerous place for the uninitiated lmao. 

(edit)

Umm, that is up to you and RonaldPoe.  I mean, he submitted in actual time and I kinda cheated the system thar. 

If you didn't enter, it would be an automatic win, That to me...well defeats the point of a compo. What's the point of entering if the entry has already won? Then you feel down, because all that effort was well....you get the idea lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

If you didn't enter, it would be an automatic win, That to me...well defeats the point of a compo. What's the point of entering if the entry has already won? Then you feel down, because all that effort was well....you get the idea lol. 

Alas, a 2 person round is awash.  Me nor RonaldPoe's votes should count if we are doing PRC voting rules.  But you should vote if we're gonna do that.  Can submit a comment nevertheless***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly just leave it, and we do voting as normal, i mean i already added a 2 day extension to begin with, and nearly decided to make it a 4 day extension, than a 2 day one, so it's obvious i need some entries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoboKa said:

Alas, a 2 person round is awash.  Me nor RonaldPoe's votes should count if we are doing PRC voting rules.  But you should vote if we're gonna do that.  Can submit a comment nevertheless***

I don't get why you can't vote. I vote on PRC, even when I've entered, and it's over, and it's fine. Unless you want to be fair about this I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Honestly just leave it, and we do voting as normal, i mean i already added a 2 day extension to begin with, and nearly decided to make it a 4 day extension, than a 2 day one.

OK.  Well, may as well get you used to the editing stuff.  Go to CompoThaSauce and click Admin at the top right.  Your compo should be in the list.  Then click on the ID# of the round (I think) and edit the voting phase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoboKa said:

OK.  Well, may as well get you used to the editing stuff.  Go to CompoThaSauce and click Admin at the top right.  Your compo should be in the list.  Then click on the ID# of the round (I think) and edit the voting phase. 

I don't see it. Is it restricted access?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyways, I fixed it for you.  Voting should be good to go in 3 minutes.  And I was wrong, it isn't the ID # but the Blue-Pencil that you want to click when editing a round.  You'll know it when you see it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Anyways, I fixed it for you.  Voting should be good to go in 3 minutes.  And I was wrong, it isn't the ID # but the Blue-Pencil that you want to click when editing a round.  You'll know it when you see it. 

Thanks anyways. I actually don't see the pencil....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I'm assuming i'm not admin yet or something. 

Then you are correct in that assessment.  That is annoying.  Surely you created round 1 though??   Or did Rama or Bundeslang do it for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Then you are correct in that assessment.  That is annoying.  Surely you created round 1 though??   Or did Rama or Bundeslang do it for you?

Bundeslang was the sole creator. I joined the Compo Admins group in the now defunct and rather bare group list, but got nothing from it. All the stuff from Spin the Wheel was done by Bundeslang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

Bundeslang was the sole creator. I joined the Compo Admins group in the now defunct and rather bare group list, but got nothing from it. All the stuff from Spin the Wheel was done by Bundeslang.

Well then.  Guess I or Bunda are making round 2 until that is fixed.  Do you have Facebook or some form of IRC?  If not, maybe PM Starla?  She might know a thing or 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Well then.  Guess I or Bunda are making round 2 until that is fixed.  Do you have Facebook or some form of IRC?  If not, maybe PM Starla?  She might know a thing or 2. 

I don't use Facebook, nor IRC (I know, i'm not really a social media kind of guy). Honestly, i don't think it's something to get worked up about, I mean, ThaSauce really just handles submissions and voting, and considering that's all you need to do (Create a page, and that's it), it's stupidly easy. I really don't want to get too technical about this, because it might mean i may never get an answer. ThaSauce is great don't get me wrong, but my hutches tell me, it hasn't been updated in a while. (There is a number of old and broken links on ThaSauce anyways, plus the forums don't even work at all, so it's obvious the owner has left or abandoned it, or is on a 3 year vacation to the north pole, or  even, is still active, and i'm a pessimistic old fart). so thanks anyways, Just keep creating the pages, and the rest is up to me. Because i know you guys are here, and because your all very nice, i think it's best to leave it and hopes that when i create the OCR page, the ThaSauce page follows suit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I don't use Facebook, nor IRC (I know, i'm not really a social media kind of guy). Honestly, i don't think it's something to get worked up about, I mean, ThaSauce really just handles submissions and voting, and considering that's all you need to do (Create a page, and that's it), it's stupidly easy. I really don't want to get too technical about this, because it might mean i may never get an answer. ThaSauce is great don't get me wrong, but my hutches tell me, it hasn't been updated in a while. (There is a number of old and broken links on ThaSauce anyways, plus the forums don't even work at all, so it's obvious the owner has left or abandoned it, or is on a 3 year vacation to the north pole, or  even, is still active, and i'm a pessimistic old fart). so thanks anyways, Just keep creating the pages, and the rest is up to me. Because i know you guys are here, and because your all very nice, i think it's best to leave it and hopes that when i create the OCR page, the ThaSauce page follows suit.

 

Oof, that was a tough pill to swallow, but it's true.  Be that as it may, ThaSauce has a better means of cataloguing rounds and I'm not inclined to create my own website to do that.  Maybe someday.  If you don't wanna bother with that Mod-stuff, you can also use the Public Voting System, that Darkesword generously set up.  I can't guarantee that I can be there to put up every round for you, kinda not overly enthused to manage two rounds, to be frank.  Maybe Bundaslang has more gusto and energy than me.  But I mean, it'd make our lives easier if you do eventually get around to figuring it out - assuming you are made into a MOD, I'll vicariously apologize for that problem lmao.  It's not that hard, and this is coming from a guy who has attention deficit issues and major OCD shit.  (edit) You'll do fine man.  Just takes a bit of motivation and *poof* everything falls into place.  Wish someone was there to tell me that 15 years ago.  Lmao. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Oof, that was a tough pill to swallow, but it's true.  Be that as it may, ThaSauce has a better means of cataloguing rounds and I'm not inclined to create my own website to do that.  Maybe someday.  If you don't wanna bother with that Mod-stuff, you can also use the Public Voting System, that Darkesword generously set up.  I can't guarantee that I can be there to put up every round for you, kinda not overly enthused to manage two rounds, to be frank.  Maybe Bundaslang has more gusto and energy than me.  But I mean, it'd make our lives easier if you do eventually get around to figuring it out - assuming you are made into a MOD, I'll vicariously apologize for that problem lmao.  It's not that hard, and this is coming from a guy who has attention deficit issues and major OCD shit.  (edit) You'll do fine man.  Just takes a bit of motivation and *poof* everything falls into place.  Wish someone was there to tell me that 15 years ago.  Lmao. 

ThaSauce is often the most reliable for some, because it does handle submissions and voting extremely well in a nice system, but honestly, it looks like they only really check on it every few months. I know this because a lot of links are broken, and the forms aren't even accessible, but i'm not here to criticise ThaSauce, otherwise i wouldn't use the services, and i love the platform anyways. 

In all fairness, do i really want to waste your valuable time you already have on other compo's? I mean it's generous enough for you even set up the page, let alone run it. So for all i know, i could just keep using this, if it gets to it. As for the public voting system, i might test some things out, but i don't know if you can post comments, so i'm a bit unsure. I don't know, this is only the first of many, and it's really a trial run, like a pilot episode of a T.V series. I'm new to the scene, so it's really a question of why, and then follows the how.

Whenever somebody recognises my moaning and groaning and decides i can be a mod, is a different story. I'm just grateful people actually saw what i was doing.

Whatever happens, it happens. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVideoGamer said:

ThaSauce is often the most reliable for some, because it does handle submissions and voting extremely well in a nice system, but honestly, it looks like they only really check on it every few months. I know this because a lot of links are broken, and the forms aren't even accessible, but i'm not here to criticise ThaSauce, otherwise i wouldn't use the services, and i love the platform anyways. 

In all fairness, do i really want to waste your valuable time you already have on other compo's? I mean it's generous enough for you even set up the page, let alone run it. So for all i know, i could just keep using this, if it gets to it. As for the public voting system, i might test some things out, but i don't know if you can post comments, so i'm a bit unsure. I don't know, this is only the first of many, and it's really a trial run, like a pilot episode of a T.V series. I'm new to the scene, so it's really a question of why, and then follows the how.

Whenever somebody recognises my moaning and groaning and decides i can be a mod, is a different story. I'm just grateful people actually saw what i was doing.

Whatever happens, it happens. 

 

The real question when you simplify things, is will i ever get a chance to use ThaSauce, or will i just have to stick with this (Despite the fact i will be using OCR anyways)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it was a bit hectic, but we got there in the end. The wait is now over!

Our entries included a Bonus Mix from TheVideoGamer and a Submission from Ronald Poe and Hoboka!

Congratulations to everyone who has Participated! We had 0 votes for each entries. After tallying up the results i can confirm that it was Ronald Poe and Hoboka who got the win!

Ronald Poe and Hoboka Is tied as winner for SPIN THE WHEEL 1! 

Well done you guys. Since you both won by default, you two get to decide 6 games that can go into the wheel, one for each system. Just to clarify it's 6 games per person, not 6 games in total. One for each system listed below. 

Now because it is tied, both of you will send me 6 games, so it makes it double the chance that it could land on either of yours or the other person.

Now because it is tied, you must not conflict with each other. This includes the choice of games. 

Before you submit your games you must follow these rules:

  • Do not submit a game that is already in the wheel. 
  • Try and go for games that haven't as many remixes
  • Make sure it's re-mixable, but of course it will be anyways lol.
  • Make sure the games you pick, have over 5 tracks long at least 30 seconds or more. I cannot accept games, that don't contain music or a sufficient number of tracks.
  • Provide me a link to soundtrack, weather it be YouTube, Dailymotion or whatever. 
  • Please PM me the games, i want this to be private.
  • List the choice of games by the name of the system. So if it was X-Men, that would be classed as a Sega Genesis game and would be placed under that heading. It's also optional to list the composer, to help with the info. What i need is essentially one game from each system listed below. 
  • I want these entries by next week Sunday 6th January! This applies to both winners. Once you have sent the me the games, next round goes up ASAP. I will review the choice of games to make sure they are acceptable.

Below is a list of games, currently in the wheel. When your games have been chosen, expect to see a couple of games be swapped, for the next compo, which is on the Sunday 6th of January. This will be highlighted in colour (Or colours depending if there is multiple winners). 

The 6 video game systems are as follows:

  • NES
  • SNES
  • Sega Genesis
  • PS1
  • Arcade
  •  PC

Current games in the wheel (This will change as i receive games from the winners):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xxoGX4bS2_q_URpN35K8b9oGn1zogHiRxLarik38IZU/edit?usp=sharing

Please send me these entries via PM, with each game listed underneath each console. So i'd put it like this if it was me: Name of Game, followed by Name of Console. I need this by Next Sunday 6th January. 

Congratulations everyone, i will see you next time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still want to do Battletoads (both the arcade version and NES version) as my choice for the wheel. Maybe Eternal Champion (Sega Genesis) and Frogger 2 (PS1) if allowed. Thanks for allowing me and I hope this becomes a regular compos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.