Thank you for your consideration. :)

Contact Information

• Username : Eliott Tordo
  • Name : Eliott Tordo
  • Mail : 
  • user id : 35146

Submission Information

• Video game : Golden Sun
  • Cover name : Elemental Stars Erhu (EDIT (07/29): New name: "Essence of the Four Elements")
  • Original song name : Elemental Stars
  • Comment : 
The Erhu is a two-stringed bowed musical instrument which may also be called a Southern Fiddle, and sometimes known in the Western world as the Chinese violin or a Chinese two-stringed

I tried to keep the spiritual idea of the music and add an epic theme. :)

Recorded, mixed and mastered at SunTzu Records

• 2 weeks later...

It's short and structurally conservative, but it's beautifully orchestrated and produced.  My one big gripe is that it just sort of...ends.  The climax ends halfway through, it sounds like it's going to build up to something more, but then there's just a brief verse and it fades out.  It feels completely unfinished.  It's just barely longer than the source, and that's with a lengthy intro and breakdown.

I love, love how this sounds, but I'm on the fence on whether there's enough there to count as a full arrangement.  Right now I'm leaning towards passing this, but I feel like it could easily go either way.

YES (borderline)

• 1 month later...

Like MindWaderer said, it's structurally conservative, but you did a very nice job personalizing the instrumentation and changing the textures, energy and dynamics compared to the original source. An understated but very beautifully done touch was the vox accent first used at 1:24, and the wind writing was excellent as well.

The track does just end with a fadeout (boo!), but even that section didn't merely cut-and-paste a past section, so the variation & evolution was constant from start to finish.

The only thing making it a close call vis-a-vis our Standards was the brevity, but it's meaningfully developed throughout, so I didn't have any reservations. Beautiful stuff, Eliott; welcome aboard! :-)

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2018/03/05 - (2Y) Golden Sun "Elemental Stars Erhu"
  • 1 month later...
  • Sir_NutS changed the title to 2018/03/05 - (3Y) Golden Sun "Elemental Stars Erhu"
  • 1 month later...

Now, this sounds very lush!  There's an effective use of dynamics across all instruments, the realism drew my attention, and the expression on your erhu was fascinating to witness.  Even though the structure is just one run-through of the theme, I find it interesting that a lot of the source preservation is more on the background elements rather than your main melody - and that gave your lead plenty of wiggle-room to go back and forth between referencing source and doing its own thing.

Of course, the brevity is one issue that is up for concern, but as I said, there's enough personalization within the simple run through, and the fadeout didn't call back to a previous part.  It's short, sweet, feels like a complete package, and I can see this on the front page.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2018/03/05) *YES - TAG - NEED 192kbps/VBR1* Golden Sun "Essence of the Four Elements"
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • Liontamer pinned this topic
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic