*NO* Kirby's Dream Land 'Green Mix'

Liontamer

I made a remix of Green Greens from Kirby Dreamland and would like to post it. It is saved as an attatchment to this email.

ReMixer Name: StarKirby319

Email Address: kirlianshock@hotmail.com

Game ReMixed: Kirby Dreamland

Song ReMixed: Green Greens

Comments: I made a different remix of this song a while back which sounded good but something about it made it sound really bland and uninteresting. I recently decided to make a new mix of the song. After several hours at work, I came up with this. The first half of the song was recorded entirely from a keyboard. The second half is where the song gets interesting when drums and several guitar recordings kick in leading up to a powerful ending.

Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.zophar.net/gbs/kirbydl.zip - Track 2 ("Green Greens")

LIGHTNING ROUND! (stolen from The Wingless)

*Doesn't factor into the vote, but the mix title isn't creative

*Supporting drums during the piano section are a well-written but overly repetitive pattern; vary it up more

*Guitar & drums section at 1:21 has great energy, but is too crowded and sounds like it's regularly clipping

*Mostly played live (which is cool), but the arrangement is still pretty conservative, not helped by its brevity; need more interpretation/personalization to put it on the safe side, as the new writing isn't comprehensive enough

NO

• 1 month later...

LIGHTNING ROUND!

- Same key and tempo as the original; where's the reinterpretation? What I hear is primarily just a change in instrumentation.

- Orchestral march section is pretty muddy; too much reverbbbbb...

- 1:03-1:20 has some nice variation on the source melody.

- Cool harmonies in the guitar parts!

- Final chord = last 24 seconds of the mix... and it's only two and a half minutes long in the first place!

I think you're off to a good start with this mix, but you'll need to extend the length and develop some of those ideas a little further to get it up to site standards.

NO BUT PLEASE RESUBMIT!

LIGHTNING ROUND!

* Arrangement sticks very close to the original except for the original section around 1:00. More of that! Feel free to vary things more, add an intro etc

* Genre change is cool but transition could be smoothed in terms of volume levels

* Rock section is definitely good - solo??!

* Whole mix could be longer so you can develop your ideas - ending seems abrupt!

* Instruments could be changed up more often (eg. adding more during the first part)

* Production is somewhat muddy towards the low end (too much reverb?), and is pretty crowded in the second half also

Overall: some cool concepts, but not developed enough, and production is a little messy. Keep working on it!

NO