Sign in to follow this  
General Grunt

DKC2: Haunted Chase German Polka cover, Yodeler needed.

So in an attempt to challenge myself and prove my insanity, I took David Wise's Haunted Chase and somehow someway turned it into a German Polka. I threw in Grant Kirkhope's Creepy Castle from DK64 too.

Theres one thing this is missing (aside from a real accordion) and that is Yodeling. I wanna make a music video for this with puppets and It would involve  Kackle (the skeleton ghost kremling) yodeling in lehderhosen. If anyone can yodel in any capacity please comment or direct me to someone who can. Thanks! (and also let me know what you think of the mix too!)

I thoroughly enjoyed this! I can just imagine the little kremlings on their rollercoaster yodelling away to this. It's madness, hope you find a yodeller to realise your vision!

Thanks! I want to at least make the arrangement more german sounding. If I can't find yodeling, maybe lyrics sung in German

I have to write them naturally. Glad you like the arrangement thus far!

In the meantime anybody with a real accordian/tuba I'd love to collab on this.

Arrangement update. Added a few more instruments/ changes to the arrangement to make it more German sounding. Still working on lyrics. Also, YES I built the Kackle puppet in the thumbnail. Still looking for a collaborator. Either with real instruments or male German vocals. (Yodeling or just singing in baritone German)

Hey man! Fun song there!

I hear a lot of pumping though. It feels like you have a limiter on the master track that is really working hard to keep everything under control. The most apparent time it's happening is between 0:41 to 0:51, when the low brass (tuba?) is playing the melody. Every time it plays a note, the rest of the instruments just drops in volume. It's happening almost everywhere the tuba plays, but in other spots too.

If you're using FL Studio, the limiter shows when it's working. Just look at the white line, and when it goes down, it's limiting. No idea for the other DAW, though.

To avoid that, you could deactivate the limiter and lower the volume to avoid clipping. You'll lost a lot of loudness, but you'll be able to mix more clearly.

I also feel your drums lack presence. The kick is felt through the limiting more than it's heard, I think. The snare is also a bit thin, but it might be the genre, I don't know. Try adding compression on them to make the attack pop more, maybe?

Your 3D model is really impressive BTW!

I hope you find someone to work with you, I sadly have no Tuba/Accordion players in my contact, nor any Yoddeler.

Have a great day, and happy music making!

+1 to the pumping tuba issues. Take a look at the frequency spectrum on your tuba channel, see what its frequency range is, then scoop out those frequencies from all other channels (low-cut filters will work for most, except the kick drum which may need more delicate work). That's a better way than reducing the volume, because you avoid muddying frequencies in the first place. Low-end is notorious for muddying a mix, so pay attention to anything that has a bass component.