Corridors of Time

Jolly//Pls

I like the glassy stutter synth at the beginning. Good way to establish the atmosphere there. Also good development of textures to keep the groove from getting too stale. However, I would say the lead sound at 1:35 for example, is too thin. Compared to the bass, which is really meaty, the lead is just overpowered when it's playing melody. I would consider picking a different sound for the lead, one that has more body and expression. Lastly, I think the beginning maybe comes in with the claps too quickly (before 0:32), so that the intro doesn't really sound like it eases you into the track; it just starts.

I really like this a lot.  I don't have much technical experience, so I can't really give you feedback on that front, but I'll be watching the thread for when a download link is available :)

EDIT: Looks like Timaeus replied already, and he always gives solid advice!

Edited by orlouge82

The intro is a lot better already, just by easing into it! :) The lead also is improved with your layering so that it isn't basically just thin/resonant. Overall a great boost from what I first listened to. At the moment I would say the hi hats playing the off-beat are kinda loud though (especially at 2:26), either because they're lacking some reverb in the upper-midrange, or they are a little loud in volume, or both. Other than that, just add an ending and you should be well on your way. You seem to have a good idea of pacing here.

Edited by timaeus222

I took a few days off from it, went back with fresh ears. I lowered the volume of the hats, and added some reverb. Also added another synth in the middle to add some zest, may or may not fit the greatest. Added an outro as well! This should overall be the final piece I'm hoping. Don't hold back with criticism! Thanks in advanced. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... I do think that the new synth (hypersaw?) in the breakdown at 2:10 - 2:40 seems too much. I remember hearing it early on as an accent, and I believe that it isn't needed in this breakdown because it decreases the contrast you have with the more energetic parts of the ReMix. Other than that, just let the ending trail off for longer naturally (it's abrupt right now), and I think you're good to go.

Edited by timaeus222

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...