Spin - A small chill hop(ish) piece

H36T

Just a quick note, if you are in the latest MnP round, please save your comments for there. 

This is my first foray into this kinda music but I really wanted to try it. Actually I have a lot of ideas/thoughts that I want to use with music like this but I usually don't have the time or motivation to bang it out. The YT video has a description for how the piece came to me conceptually but in short, the title "Spin" comes from circular thought that I tend to fall victim to. Another thing to note is the piece actually uses the base of a concept song I had awhile back. However, as we grow as people and life takes us places, so did the concept of that song and now it's fully fleshed out here. Lastly, my midi keyboard is acting up a bit currently so some of the piano is super quantized. Still, I really like how it came out and would love any critique you guys have! 

On 1/29/2022 at 2:52 AM, Robert_G said:

Trying to figure out your female vocal. Soundiron's Strawberry??? You use her sparingly but in the right places which I like. 

Also trying to figure out your pitch bend at the beginning. Very nice. 

These are both using Heavyocity patches actually. Heavyocity Vocalize and Scoring Guitars. I use them so often because the phrases work well if you are willing to work with them, take the time to find ones that work, and tweak em a bit 

• 2 weeks later...